Steelseries Xai Laser mouse extra buttons not recognized in games.

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I don't know how to assign buttons to function in my games? None of my games seem to recognize those extra 2 buttons.

I'm using windows 7 if anybody is wondering.

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I already have this software installed. I've looked about fora while on how to bind those buttons to certain keys but I can't seem to find it. There is an option to create macros but I'm not sure how macros work or how to properly create them. I've looked in the manual but at the time of this Mouse's release, it didn't have the macro option, so there is no information about it.

Could someone please help?

I have the same mouse and as soon as I open the program called Xai configeration you can't miss how to program the buttons it looks like this
sC_b002nik174-softlg.jpg

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Except the options given are to replace one of the buttons on my mouse, for another button on my mouse, not to assign it to something else completely. For example, right now the 2 buttons I want to change (4 and 6) are binded to "tilt". If I could however bind them to certain keys on my keyboard then perhaps I could use them in my games.

All I want is to be able to use them in my games. Please tell me how.

The only way I can find to do what you want is to create a macro for just a single letter. ie to set button 6 to the letter a select the pull down menu by it and select macro manager, select new name the macro a or whatever you want click record press a click stop recording. Click ok to get back to the starting screen, select assign macro from the menu you started with and select a.

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I've been trying what you said for 2 days now, EXACTLY THAT. I even used the letter A and all. The problem arises when I try to assign a Macro, the program shows me an empty rectangle with no macros to select from.

Where am I going wrong?

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I found the solution. It was posted here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/820427/steel-series-xai/120

Bullveyr
Yeah thats really one of the things you wish you knew before the purchase. At least we didnt have to wait for macros. though i dont know when did you get yours.

mcbrite
as far as i noticed the whole interface has only two bugs. One: it needs a complete program restart on every major change. To avoid any followup bugs, just restart the program often. Two: it assigns macros shifted by two. pic below.

The bane of all 5btn- mice is simple: the Razer Deathadder

fb18fb76_vbattach173459.png

525x525px-LL-fb18fb76_vbattach173459.png