Question Stereo mix with USB headset and HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2019
Just as I stated. I’m trying to use stereo mix to have output to my Razr Nari wireless headset and my HDMI tv at the same time. I used this previously for my headset that connected to the green and pink ports and it worked flawlessly but I can’t seem to make it work with this new headset, I’ve tried every combination I can think of in stereo mix and I can’t make it output both of them. Is there any solution to this? Also the hdmi uses Nvidia high def audio from my 1660 GPU if that helps.

Exactly how is your Stereo Mixer configured and what is the issue? Is it configured properly but no sound coming from headset, or you can't set the headset as output in stereo mixer?

General guides:

Two sources of audio output to different speakers in Windows 10:

1) With windows 10 spring update 2018, Microsoft is offering built-in control panel mixer https://winaero.com/blog/audio-output-device-apps-individually-windows-10/

2) EarTrumpet - Quick, simple control of all your audio devices from the taskbar. Get it here.

One source of audio output to different speakers in Windows 10:

• Right-click Stereo Mix and select the Enable option.
  • Then right-click Stereo Mix to select the Set as Default Device option on its context menu.
  • Click Properties on Stereo Mix’s context menu to open the Stereo Mix Properties window.
  • Select the Listen tab on the Stereo Mix window.
  • Then click the Listen to this device check box.
  • Select the secondary playback device listed on the Playback this device drop-down menu.
  • Click the Apply and OK buttons on both the Stereo Mix Properties and Sound window.
  • Restart your desktop or laptop.

Dec 9, 2019
I’m currently at work so I’ll be as accurate as I can remember. I enable stereo mix and set it as default under the recording tab, I’ve tried setting my default sound device (the device listened to) to, default speakers, the headset, and hdmi tv and playback to the devices unused. I.E listen to default speakers, playback through HDMI tv, and vice versa. Like I said before I used sound mixer for duplicating audio before with my other headset and it works fine. Could it be that my new headset being wireless has built in audio drivers that’s causing the conflict? I’ve been googling this extensively for a day now with no solution it’s so frustrating! Lol If that isn’t clear enough I can enable sound mixer, and the device I use as my default works fine for audio, if it’s the hdmi audio, default speakers, or razr nari whatever device that is supposed to be listening to is working, I can’t make the sound duplicate though through the device that’s supposed to be playing back, but like I said I’m at work so it’s hard for me to be very specific, I can send screenshots when I’m home later this evening.

Dec 9, 2019
Okay as you can see, stereo mix is working fine with the speakers set as default, which is my old corded headset. I want to use this same setting with my new headset, the Razr Nari, for the duplicated audio. Its also worth noting that when Razr Nari is my default that my microphone is playing my voice through Toshiba-Tv (playback device)
This is confusing. Any help is much appreciated, as i cant find the solution anywhere. I'm still stuck on the idea that maybe the wireless headset has a built in sound card that's conflicting with Nvidia sounds.
Hope the attached image helps.
po3fCazmp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS