Steve Ballmer Could Speak at Apple's WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
So I should wait and NOT buy a MacMini for the next 11 days?

(I pulled the trigger on one today but between the time I put it in my online cart and the time I entered my address and credit card # they sold out. Maybe that was a good thing for me.)

I can't believe Apple will allow software from any other development source to be used on iDevices.

Visual Studio kicks ass, BUT, at what price tag? Xcode with all its bugs is free.
But don't forget the cost of the MAC to run it on.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Does anyone have any clarification if this will include Visual Studio Express or just the full version? A part of me thinks this will be wonderful for both companies since it will help spur application development for Apple that is losing market share to Google (and perhaps to Win7 Mobile in the near future) but also help keep developers on Windows machines to develop on a lucrative platform.

The other part of me is wondering if Microsoft is just doing this to try and include Objective C in the dot net framework so they could get Mac exclusive apps ported to Windows easier and perhaps the new Win7 Mobile platform. If they had an easy way for developers to port their iPhone apps, that has potential for Microsoft to pick up a lot of ground to catch up to Apple and Google.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
The price [citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Visual Studio kicks ass, BUT, at what price tag? Xcode with all its bugs is free.[/citation]
It will also be free. Just like it is for developping in XNA. You just have to download the Express Edition!

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
While I do wish this would happen... it seems similar to the Adobe Flash compiler, and so I should think that Apple wouldn't allow Microsoft to do the same thing Adobe is doing.

That is, unless there was a lot of money involved.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
As soon as I saw the title I knew it would be a story based on a tip off from a no name source.

Although the ability to develop Mac software from Visual Studio would benefit both parties involved. Visual studio has always been one of the most polished IDEs around and I am sure there are a fair few Windows developers who would like a piece of the iPhone/Mac market.

G

come on MS is great they saved apple when it needed help. and keep there monopoly troubles down to a min.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]The price It will also be free. Just like it is for developping in XNA. You just have to download the Express Edition![/citation]
I've never used the Express Edition, is it any good?

kdashjl

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Show me a laptop that costs 200E and can run those. By the way, why do people still think Crysis is a game? It's just a useless benchmark, and as all other benchmarks, there is no gameplay.[/citation]
i think is a very good game not only a benchmark tool

Status
Not open for further replies.