Steve Ballmer is Taking Command of Xbox One

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
its good being microsoft competition at the moment, ms is destroying themselves, the competition doesnt even need to work to look good atm.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

Okay, but you still didn't say anything positive about Ballmer.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Wow... the XBO has gone from POOP to diarrhea in a single day!

Its like Mattrick wasn't doing it fast enough with a shovel, now they have Ballmer with the backhoe coming in to dig that grave faster.

I saw an xbox one fan call it the "xbone" the other day. I dont think they get its a derogatory term. Would you rather be "bone" or "x-bone".

There's just no way you can think xbone isn't a joke lol

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Too many people want MS to fail, some sort a hivemind bandwagon has started up with no real thought into the effects. If MS was to self-destruct tomorrow it would cause chaos to billions of people, hundreds of millions of workers, tens of millions of gamers, millions of developers and all the evil practices of competitors would run rampant. Sony rootkits, Google email spying, Apple patent trolling. Some of you have no perspective. Instead of saying you hope MS fails why don't you man up and say what you would do better, then go ask them for a job.

Sure it would cause chaos. But I think it would happen slow enough that the market would quickly adapt.

The competitors aren't threatening enough to be a problem IMO

Linux might even jump in to fill the gap.

"Baller was slated to reveal this plan on Monday" - Baller?

Ballmer takes control of xbox one.... im lucky since im not a console gamer, so i can watch this as an observant and just enjoy the drama.... But i am sorry for the Xbox users.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Steam has offline mode that lasts ages.
Steam is a distribution platform that does NOT enforce any kind of DRM on games and Torchlight 2 installed via steam never asks you to either start steam or get online.
Steam is just one of the options on PCs.

And this is based on what evidence?
Current gen we had xbox with conventional hardware vs PS3 with weirdo hardware that only first party studios utilized, so most cross platform games look better on 360.
Next gen we have similiar architecture (ignoring esram thing) and vastly (40%+ thanks to 3 times faster RAM and much better GPU) superior hardware on PS4.

There is no way we won't see the difference.

That on top of M$'s attempt to bend customers over.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

Vista was under his wing (no need to say more on that), and Windows 8 has far too much bad PR (regardless of my opinion on it). Windows phones in the market are still...a failure, and so are the tablets, both with a very slow adoption rate. On top of all of that, there are some economists that have asked him to kindly step down; also, when a head of a company is hated, for whatever reason that may be, people just stay away from their products or are less inclined to get future products from said.

All in all, I wouldn't call him successful. The only real success I know of under his leadership was Windows 7. I'm not sure how involved he was in the Xbox 360 later on as well, but that's mixed in itself. With sales being off the charts, yeah that's impressive. But with the fiascoes they had with it, like the as high as 70% hardware failure rate, I don't know what to call it.

I agree that ballmer maanged to "grow" MS, but at the expense of the consumers. Perhaps thats good for MS, but since its bad for me i stay away from their products. Once that opinion is shard by enought users, the ship WILL sink.
This is similar to Politics. People always blame who is now in charge and not who "was" before them and layed the ground for a fail.

In Ballmers case, we all know he is laying a bad ground (dont forget before him, MS was not just "growing", it was the Big fish in the see), he is slowing down MS.

Ballmer has been considered one of the worst CEOs in the alst years, and thats quite something.

Status
Not open for further replies.