Steve Ballmer, Other MSFT Execs Take a Pay Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Steve Balmer seems to be the most responsible one of all the Execs with the lowest pay. I think they should all make less than him and then they wouldn't have to lay anyone off.

christop

Distinguished
So I guess their pay cut was going from 200 mill a year to 170.. Poor things Hope they can sleep well tonight knowing such a tragic event has happen to them.....

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
MSFT could save $14.82 million a year if they would reduce all the Execs to Steve's pay. Then they could keep all those 5000 employees and pay them $29,640 a year. I hate Execs. I know it's not much money. But it beats working at Wal-Mart.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
what do you with 8M a year salary? There is no such thing as debt or having to take a loan to own anything you would ever want... That is sick!
What can you possibly do to be worth that kind of money?

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
even with the cuts they still are making more money in one year than people make in their lifetime, when you make that kind of money your standard of living increases, since they don't drive $30 000 sedans, or live in small houses

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]Does anyone else find it strange that Ballmer (the CEO) is the lowest paid guy on the list?[/citation]
Not really. Steve Ballmer is one of the founders of Microsoft (Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Steve Ballmer), as such his stock is worth several billion dollars. When you consider that, his salary is almost perfunctory.

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]Does anyone else find it strange that Ballmer (the CEO) is the lowest paid guy on the list?[/citation]
I just checked out the table in the linked document and Steve Ballmer does have the highest salary, but for some reason he doesn't get stocks like the other guys do. Weird. I'm sure there must be some law or something to explain why he doesn't get them.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
I still can't figure out how can one single person make 8 mil a year being a softie (what's that anyway, software programmer?). What do you do with 8 mil a year? I wouldn't know. I would be happy with 60k a year damn it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Maybe they meant BILLION on Steve's paycheck? Why would he get payed less? I mean, I sort of understand or can come up with some kind of reasoning but like others have said, everyone should be making what he makes, or less. No?

G

Cut them all down to less than a million each, that way there, they won't be so hard pressed to sell so many copies of Windows and Office at such high prices.

Maybe then, the average person could afford to purchase a legal copy within their budget.

G

I guess they won't like to fight a fair fight, and get a normal worker's wage huh?
I can be happy if I make $20 per hour.. My wife has to do with $12 per hour!

[citation][nom]Socrates047[/nom]even with the cuts they still are making more money in one year than people make in their lifetime, when you make that kind of money your standard of living increases, since they don't drive $30 000 sedans, or live in small houses[/citation]

warren buffett doesnt drive anything outrageous... [/shrug]

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Their high salaries really have no effect whatsoever on the price of Windows or Office. Even if you cut their salaries to $0 and then applied that as a price cut to Windows or Office we'd be lucky to save $0.25 on either product. I know there's a lot of hate for CEOs and high salaries these days, but there is a market that determines how much someone is worth. If they aren't worth that much then the company wouldn't be able to afford to pay them. I wish I made in the millions of dollars per year too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get upset for someone else being successful.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Wait... the bastards at the top make money in the MILLIONS?!

What the hell? I thought you know , ya reached the top and you would make I dunno 600,000 a year. tops. still more then all the people I know. Thats insane.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
If I made 6 million in one year I'd buy a small house and travel for the rest of my days. (After the house the rest would be invested and live off interest)

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Wait... the bastards at the top make money in the MILLIONS?!What the hell? I thought you know , ya reached the top and you would make I dunno 600,000 a year. tops. still more then all the people I know. Thats insane.[/citation]

Surely you aren't serious. Almost all the big CEOs make in the 7 figures with salaries. With stock options and bonuses even more. Take any Fortune 500 company CEO and you'll find that.

guythepro

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
It's still outrageous. I mean, those nasty executives, you know, the ones running one of the most successful companies in the world, should take no money. They should do it out of the kindness of their hearts. It's not like Microsoft should try to keep talent or anything...

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Look at Balmer´s photo!! It´s almost as he´s pretending to be a magician:

- See nothing in my hands!!! (and thinking it´s all in my pockets!!!) LOLOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.