Steve Ballmer's Memo on Windows President's Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Ashamed of Windows 8 I guess...[/citation]
He actually did a pretty good job on surface and the new windows. Ignorant people actually consider the products after seeing the marketing - something usually only (cr)apple can do.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Microsoft is a very young company, people in the future will only remember the founders and not the key people who made the innovations through the years to makes them what they are today and tomorrow.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
After windows, he was shown the doors. But he left gracefully, no sour-grape whining. We may have to wait a little while before more details of his departure come out.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]He actually did a pretty good job on surface and the new windows. Ignorant people actually consider the products after seeing the marketing - something usually only (cr)apple can do.[/citation]

I saw windows 8 and its SHIT for desktop, I like my mouse and keyboard , and no i don't want a 27" fingerprinting on my desc ... its enough that i carry one around in my pocket.

I sent them feedback to package a headphone/microphone pkg with Win 8 copies destined for desktops, and have those versions focus on voice more than touch interface on a typical monitor with uh no touch.

It's a horrible idea but its still better than watching some dunce poke his finger at his monitor repeatedly, expecting a different result each time.

I haven't tried it since last year...

G

Long, long ago, in a desktop galaxy far, far away! The dark lord and master, issues his statment! that the only way to save things, is to elect me emperor! Oh hear me imperial senate, for I am your Leader!
And the dark lord whispers to young Anakin: Fear leads to Eight, and EIGHT leads to the darkside, feal the Eight inside you, Anakin, come to the dark side!

halcyon

Splendid
After moving ENTIRELY from Mac OS X to Windows 8 Pro I can say its much nicer than I gave it credit for. Do I still miss the Start button, well yeah, but I see the sense in the tiles and they're so configurable that you can just about set it any way you need. I love the file-copy info/animation and how it shows actual throughput. Very nice.

Goodbye Apple, our time together was fun and I'm hope to see you again in a few years.

Sinofsky? I'm sure he got paid WELLLL so I have to sorrow for him.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Smart move. Windows 8 will be a historical disaster on Epic propotion never seen before. He leaves before his name is permanently attached to it. Now it's Ballmer's problem. LOL.

G

Thomas Creel, Microsoft Shill. I do not think very many Hipsters, Moms, kids, or the family dog, will live in fear of the windows 8 revolution! The one thing that will be remembered is the total farce, that putting a Tablet interface on a PC desktop interface, was! Once again, people from all over and all segements of the population will say. what a shameless power grab that was, Microsoft's attempt to blot out the desktop, and install some crappy runtime over a perfectly good desktop user interface just to enhance M$'s revenue stream in the Kiddy sandbox AKA as the METRO interface (YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX) of fools!

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]kanoobie[/nom]How Ballmer feels about developers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE[/citation]

One would think that with all that enthusiasm Microsoft would have more 1st party studios for both Xbox and PC gaming.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Microsoft only hope is when Ballmer quits. The only reason why he is CEO is because he was friends with Bill from the beginning, the guy is by far as talented as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]leandrodafontoura[/nom]... the guy is by far as talented as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates[/citation]
In other words he's right where he belongs. Okay, if you say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.