Steve Ballmer's Popularity Within Microsoft Takes a Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I'd not buy a used car from Steve Ballmer. I always have the urge to wash my hands whenever I read or see anything that has to do with the guy. Must be something wrong with me; OCD perhaps :)

The title is deciving.
"Steve Ballmer's Popularity Within Microsoft Takes a Dive"
the "Within Microsoft" part makes me think that the EMPLOYEES were the ones that dissapproved of what he is doing. Instead this article talks about overall approval ratings and doesn't mention these ratings being from the employees.

I think it should say "Steve Ballmer's Popularity Takes a Dive".

Also, it says his approval rating went down and does say why it went down, just that he doesn't want to retire yet.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Apple's iCEO Tim Cook should NOT be included since he just took over less then 2 months.
I would say Tim Cook is still in his CEO honeymoon phase.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Don't you guys have any decent picture of Ballmer? Every picture I see of him he always in some sweaty shirt, or has that planet of the apes look, like in the picture above.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS *claps hand*

[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]what about Activision's CEO?[/citation]
LOL yes I'd like to know that too xD

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I thought that things were improving with WP7 and W8. Sure, WP7 market share is puny, but it's a great product and gaining traction.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]The title is deciving."Steve Ballmer's Popularity Within Microsoft Takes a Dive"the "Within Microsoft" part makes me think that the EMPLOYEES were the ones that dissapproved of what he is doing. Instead this article talks about overall approval ratings and doesn't mention these ratings being from the employees.I think it should say "Steve Ballmer's Popularity Takes a Dive".Also, it says his approval rating went down and does say why it went down, just that he doesn't want to retire yet.[/citation]

Quote "Steve Ballmer's approval rating among Microsoft declined to 35 percent from 49 percent last year." AMONG MICROSOFT

bunga28

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Jim Crow of Level 3 should change his name. I wonder how much of that negativity towards him is related to historical facts.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'll have to say...it's not really his job to be popular, but my guess is that many of those same people don't have faith in his decisions and vision (if there is any) for Microsoft.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]synd[/nom]Where is AMD's CEO?[/citation]
he is really liked, he used to work for lenovo and made it the third largest computer seller (better than jobs :) )

i'm amazed why people like apple's CEO, they don't even know him, or maybe apple just employs iSheep

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]The title is deciving."Steve Ballmer's Popularity Within Microsoft Takes a Dive"the "Within Microsoft" part makes me think that the EMPLOYEES were the ones that dissapproved of what he is doing. Instead this article talks about overall approval ratings and doesn't mention these ratings being from the employees.I think it should say "Steve Ballmer's Popularity Takes a Dive".Also, it says his approval rating went down and does say why it went down, just that he doesn't want to retire yet.[/citation]
It is not deceiving, because GlassDoor's ratings are from employees of the company.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
i think this study is wrong, MS has released some great products since like 2009, just see windows (phone) 7, windows 8, XNA, Office 2010, VS.net 2010, kodu and many great stuff

if the MS guy gets low scores and the apple guy gets high one, i'll say people who make this study are quite biased and use macs

G

How marginal has MSFT become to the technology world? So marginal that a writer can't be bothered to capitalize Gates' last name ("...and still enjoys Bill gates' support..."). In 20 years, the way one might do today regarding "AltaVista," people will turn to each other and say, "Remember that company Microsoft?"

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]radiofreeomaha[/nom]How marginal has MSFT become to the technology world? So marginal that a writer can't be bothered to capitalize Gates' last name ("...and still enjoys Bill gates' support..."). In 20 years, the way one might do today regarding "AltaVista," people will turn to each other and say, "Remember that company Microsoft?"[/citation]
and who will be the dominant company in the OS market

Status
Not open for further replies.