Steve Jobs Named 'World's Most Valuable CEO'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdi180

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
I would Say Ford CEO Mullaly should be the top of this list. The only American Auto Maker to not file bankruptcy and not take money from U.S. and turn a profit for the first time in about a decade. I love this guy. Today Ford is paying paying down $3 out of its $31 billion debt. Doesn't hurt that my F stock is up 450% since I bought.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
There is no such thing as a valuable CEO. If we could harvest his organs for dying third world children he might have some value. Even then I would think he is to old for that.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]pdi180[/nom]I would Say Ford CEO Mullaly should be the top of this list. The only American Auto Maker to not file bankruptcy and not take money from U.S. and turn a profit for the first time in about a decade. I love this guy. Today Ford is paying paying down $3 out of its $31 billion debt. Doesn't hurt that my F stock is up 450% since I bought.[/citation]
You know what... As soon as I got done reading your comment, I looked at one of the ads and it's a Chevy ad saying "May the best car win." How ironic is that? Haha!

dargon_supreme

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]pdi180[/nom]I would Say Ford CEO Mullaly should be the top of this list. The only American Auto Maker to not file bankruptcy and not take money from U.S. and turn a profit for the first time in about a decade. I love this guy. Today Ford is paying paying down $3 out of its $31 billion debt. Doesn't hurt that my F stock is up 450% since I bought.[/citation]

Hum... So his company has a debt of $31 billion... I don´t think it is good!

G

I can tell Shadow doesn't own an Apple product.

I'm not an Apple fanboy, but let's be honest here. The article states that Steve Jobs is the most valuable CEO, not the most valuable person on earth. In reality, Jobs is the most valuable asset to Apple, if he were to retire tomorrow that company would be dead. Considering Apple is a pioneer for consumer based tech products, I would agree Steve Jobs is the most valuable CEO right now.

pdi180

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]dargon_supreme[/nom]Hum... So his company has a debt of $31 billion... I don´t think it is good![/citation]

True, $31 B is a lot of debt. But this is inherited debt. Ford's old motto was to buy up the competition (Volvo, Jaguar, Mazda, etc) and they went into debt to accomplish this. When Mullaly came in (about 2003) he saw the ballooning debt and said it wasn't tenable because you never know when an economic downturn is coming. So Ford has been selling off these brands for the past 7 years and paying down their debt. Overall, I am more impressed by the CEO who keeps a company from the brink and brings positives than a company who was steam rolling along and does marginally better (25 billion attributed to Jobs out of 200 is 12% - decent but not awe inspiring).

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
So let me get this right, Steve Jobs gets the recognition as "the most valuable CEO" for creating hip (and I use that term loosely) devices and creating revenue.

As opposed to:

Richard Branson (Virgin Galactic)and Elon Musk (Space X)for effectively privatizing space travel.

Eric Schmidt (Google) for standing up for human rights (I know some of you may see this differently, but non-the-less).

Alan R. Mulally (Ford) for turning around a company on its own without the aid of the US Government and bringing back well made American products/jobs.

... right.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I agree with this articles assessment. If Steve Jobs disappears Apple is going to lose it's mascot. How far did the stock dip on a joke rumor of Jobs death? The very fact that it dipped at all is a testament that Jobs is Apple. The investors know that when he's go Apple will lose a part of its fan flavor.

In regards to the Ford CEO: He should win the CEO with a Brain award, not the most valuable.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
[citation][nom]dabell[/nom]Apple is going to create a robot called the iJobs when Steve Jobs finally retires....[/citation]
The iJobs will of course have a personal body guard, "Odd Jobs", to protect the valuable robot.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Hitler was also the most valuable asset to the Nazi Party. "Valuable" is a very relative term which neither denotes or signifies quality, rather simply implies dependence. This story proves that beyond any doubt

[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Hitler was also the most valuable asset to the Nazi Party. "Valuable" is a very relative term which neither denotes or signifies quality, rather simply implies dependence. This story proves that beyond any doubt[/citation]

Correct. This article does not state that he is the best, smartest, or most wealthy CEO. I agree with the articles' intention of stating: Steve Jobs has the most direct impact on his own company than any other CEO. I agree with what was said before me: Without Steve, Apple would definitely drop off the radar.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Apple's marketing that annoys us has done the company very well.

I know many uninformed consumers that blindly believe this marketing and so go for macs.

I don't mind the macs, its those people that bother me lol.

zilnicra

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]filmman03[/nom]+1 for Ford CEO commenti must say the Ford commercials that show ppl selling off their Mercedes & BMW's to get a Ford are quite interesting and thought provoking.i have a 92 Mustang GT and i gotta say; its so much easier to work on than say a Toyota or Honda lol FORD FTW.as far as this particular article referring to Jobs as some "valuable CEO"... meh. no. Jobs would be without a job if it weren't for M$ saving Apple's ass... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY$150 million in nonvoting Apple stock... how about giving it back to M$ and lets see how Jobs handles Apple...[/citation]

you do realize that apple has something along the lines of $40 billion in cash on hand? $150M is a drop in the bucket.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]Correct. This article does not state that he is the best, smartest, or most wealthy CEO. I agree with the articles' intention of stating: Steve Jobs has the most direct impact on his own company than any other CEO. I agree with what was said before me: Without Steve, Apple would definitely drop off the radar.[/citation]
Absolutely correct. If Ballmer retired today, Microsoft wouldn't fall off the radar. If Mullaly retired today, ford wouldn't go off the radar. But somehow, Jobs is keeping Apple above ground, and far above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS