Steve Jobs Wants to Build Apple Spaceship Office

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
So that's what Apple tax goes toward!
This bares such a strong resemblance to insurance companies that build outlandish structures to house their offices and then raise my premiums and lower my coverage.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
By the time the structure is finished, they'll have to begin construction on the 2G version. Same thing, but with cameras installed and an unobstructed communication tower.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
More People, More Space, More Landscaping, More Trees, with Less Eyesores, in a building that takes up less space, all while using their own power = Apple > HP.

G

...and the name of it ... iDoughnut.
It's not bad, instead looks fancy and ergonomical.
But what will it serve for? Luxurious corporate working space for a mystic-bound elite corporate culture who builds it's gadgets in forever-developing countries? And if so, apart from doolar, in the decades to come what's the common unifying mentality of this corporate culture without it's high priest?

It's so pathetic to be the one of the few corporations to reach the ultimate corporate achievement and see that what you made cannot educate any viable popular culture and instead it's just tools that apart from their design, their function is gonna be depreciated in decades to come until they shift into industrial-mid age junk? Or will the uneducated folks be forever obsessed into cueing outside of the gadget-malls early from dawn just to spend their parents' loans on those super-potent but after all useless gadgets?
Those machines appart from the function of communication happened to serve the mental health erosion in a complete 'wasted generation' since 1990, call them "the half-life" diseased generation.

Even building a spaceship of fools, or a planet of those, it won't be anything viable as a culture who's grace will be remembered for the centuries to come. Vanity's Vanity and chase of wind!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
wow...steve looks very tired...some people might not like him but his work ethics are an example of what someone can achieve...look at how far Apple has come

[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]Does he always wear the same black shirt and jeans?[/citation]

He says in the video he's a simpleton. I'm similar in that my everyday choice is blue jeans and a clean white t-shirt. It's simple, one less thing to think about, and I'm not providing any free advertising for anyone.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Hmmm a spaceship that will never take off.. Another iFail.[/citation]

PS: He is right about one thing though, astronauts do use windows : )

G

You've got to be kidding me, these city council questions are horrible. How the hell did any of these people become elected officals? Steve Job's did a great job practicing his patience, biting his tounge, and not responding to the majority of their inappropriate statements and questions. I also got the feeling that each one of them was looking for a bribe.(If they haven't already recieved one.)

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]wow...steve looks very tired...some people might not like him but his work ethics are an example of what someone can achieve...look at how far Apple has come[/citation]

Ethics like disowning his illegitimate daughter (lisa) then using her name as a product label? Ripping off Woz after Woz did all the work on a game for Atari but Jobs lied about how much they'd been paid and gave Woz a fraction of his rightful amount. Going to another state and queue jumping to steal a liver from someone already on the organ waiting list? Yeah, really ethical. Face it, Jobs is a scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.