Still Find XP with IE6

zerbey

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
I'm tring to find a copy of XP that comes with IE6. So far, resellers on Amazon don't seem to be sure which version of IE their discs have. Is their some kind of identifier that helps you know which version of IE a certain build of XP has?

Solution
If slipstreamed media was used to install XP then there won't be anything to remove IE wise. It's moot anyway since all versions of IE less than 11 have been deprecated and you'll find that there aren't many sites around that will work at all with IE 6, 7, 8.

zerbey

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

That's kind of the issue I'm having. On Windows 7, I can can see IE11 as an update. When I uninstall it and restart, I have IE10, and I can repeat that until I'm all the way back to IE8. Or, I can go to "Turn Windows Features on and Off", uncheck IE11, and have the previous version of IE show up when I restart.

All the advice I can find online says I should be able to do the same thing in XP to go back from IE8 to 7 to 6.
I've looked on the three copies of XP that I've installed, and IE8 doesn't show up as an update. If I uncheck "Internet Explorer" in "Add/Remove Windows Components", then IE doesnt show up at all when I restart. I was starting to think that some builds of XP released after some point might not let you roll back earlier than IE8?

If slipstreamed media was used to install XP then there won't be anything to remove IE wise. It's moot anyway since all versions of IE less than 11 have been deprecated and you'll find that there aren't many sites around that will work at all with IE 6, 7, 8.

Solution