[SOLVED] Still getting micro-stutters on new build ?

UsernameAlex714

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have been experiencing a lot of micro stutters as of recently in almost every game I play so I decided to upgrade my PC, but the problems are still here.

Even if the frame drops by just a couple I can feel it and it completely takes the immersion out of whatever I am playing at the time.

Games I have tested are : Escape From Tarkov, Dead By Daylight, Skate Sim: Session, Halo Infinite, Rust and Hunt Showdown.

Here is the system I had before

CPU: 5800X
Motherboard: MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooler: Noctua nh-d15
Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 @ 1.35
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC
P/S: Corsair 750
NVME: Samsung 980Pro

Temps: GPU 65c and CPU 65c when gaming. Idle is around 30c

I am playing on a 27' 2k 165Hz Dell Monitor

I upgraded the Motherboard to the MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAG MAX and also upgraded my p/s to an 850w EVGA GR GOLD 80 Plus

I have tried many things, this is a fresh windows install on a brand new Samsung 980Pro.

I have updated Bios, updated chipset, ran DDU updated current drivers in safe mode, disable ftpm in bios. Tried running Re-bar, used geforce experience to optimize games but nothing seems to fix it.

I am almost wondering if it is my ram, I purchased these RAM kits almost three years ago. One is rated for 3000 the other is 3200

I am looking for any help at all.

** Update ** My chipset drivers were not up to date, looks like I downloaded an older version. Updated chipset again and removed the two sticks at 3000. Stutters still occur.

** Another Update ** since I was running two different sets of RAM my timing was all off. Changed timing to 16-16-18-18-36 @ 1.36v 3200 and it appears to be running much smoother. I will keep updating

Last edited:

UsernameAlex714

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
it shouldn't be. I just thought I mention it.
the stutters only happen in that case if you have it on.

have you tried running with only 1 set in? see if it makes any difference? running 2 speeds might be cause

Yeah, I have tried doing that. My buddy thinks its either the Ram kit or GPU.

I really hope I don't need to replace the GPU. I bought it second hand and the person wouldnt let me test before purchasing. I have had it for about a month and these problems recently started happening.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

TEKN0iD

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
Sync the different spec'd RAM would be my first go to.
I see you are having luck with the new RAM set.
Next question was temps and overclocking.

Good work.