[SOLVED] Still nothing, very close to giving up on my PC dreams!

Grimm210

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
the reason no video came up was that I had the wrong processor. So I upgraded processor to a 3 series AMD one which matches the specs for the motherboard, and still no video please help. Do I need 3 series ram? and I reset the CMOS yesterday. Could it a dead motherboard from factory?

Deepcool Tesseract
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3600
Ripjaw 16 Gb 2400
PNY 1050 Ti
corsair h60
Tp-link 900
Asus DVD-Drive
EVGA Bronze 550 b3

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
the reason no video came up was that I had the wrong processor. So I upgraded processor to a 3 series AMD one which matches the specs for the motherboard, and still no video please help. Do I need 3 series ram? and I reset the CMOS yesterday.

Deepcool Tesseract
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3600
Ripjaw 16 Gb 2400
PNY 1050 Ti
corsair h60
Tp-link 900
Asus DVD-Drive
EVGA Bronze 550 b3
What do the EZ Debug LEDs on your motherboard say ?

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
the reason no video came up was that I had the wrong processor. So I upgraded processor to a 3 series AMD one which matches the specs for the motherboard, and still no video please help. Do I need 3 series ram? and I reset the CMOS yesterday.

Deepcool Tesseract
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3600
Ripjaw 16 Gb 2400
PNY 1050 Ti
corsair h60
Tp-link 900
Asus DVD-Drive
EVGA Bronze 550 b3

Have to be more precise on the "no video" part, which part are you stuck at? black screen when starting windows? after logging in windows?

Yes I tried connecting to both motherboard and and gpu.
Any beeps?
Everything properly connected?
Can you show a photo of top view of your motherboard, to see, how everything is connected?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Go through this checklist.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
the reason no video came up was that I had the wrong processor. So I upgraded processor to a 3 series AMD one which matches the specs for the motherboard, and still no video please help. Do I need 3 series ram? and I reset the CMOS yesterday. Could it a dead motherboard from factory?

Deepcool Tesseract
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3600
Ripjaw 16 Gb 2400
PNY 1050 Ti
corsair h60
Tp-link 900
Asus DVD-Drive
EVGA Bronze 550 b3

Certain thing need to be clear:

-which previous Processor did you firstly mention there no Display using it?

-is this new Assemble PC?

There supposed to contain at least 4 type debug LED
-CPU
-DRAM
-GPU
-BOOT
which one does the "white Led" light up?

Grimm210

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
You have not answered what the EZ Debug LEDs on the motherboard are trying to tell you ... They are described in your users manual.
I have unplugged the ram and then the second led lit up so i plugged both stick back and HDDs
now just the top one lights up. Could the motherboard be fualty?

Grimm210

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
Certain thing need to be clear:

-which previous Processor did you firstly mention there no Display using it?

-is this new Assemble PC?

There supposed to contain at least 4 type debug LED
-CPU
-DRAM
-GPU
-BOOT
which one does the "white Led" light up?
the previous processor was a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 . Do Do you think an underpowered processor messed up the board? this is a new build of sorts. it semi-older parts I started building this computer 2 years ago, but I had a problem with the old motherboard, so I got a new one. I didn't check the specs which is why I had the wrong processor from the start.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
the previous processor was a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 . Do Do you think an underpowered processor messed up the board? this is a new build of sorts. it semi-older parts I started building this computer 2 years ago, but I had a problem with the old motherboard, so I got a new one. I didn't check the specs which is why I had the wrong processor from the start.

Yes,is possible if the CPU is already fault,but in very low possible chance.

Grimm210

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
As you can see in the description that says the CPU has a problem. Have you tried the 2600 in the motherboard recently? Did you check for bent pins? Is the CPU supplemental power fully seated ?
there are no bent pins and the 2600 is inaccessible, now. plus now the top led is not lighting up and the bottom one is even though all boot devices are connected.