Samrat97

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hey Guys.. I have uploaded a thread a week before. My Ryzen 3600 was/is unexpectedly slow in Adobe Premiere Pro! I was using Stock cooler then and the temps was terribly high (it was 91c when rendering..) bt now 10-20 degree c difference with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (70-78 c when rendering) .. I'm happy with the Temps,, bt the performance..
I have updated the latest Chipset driver... latest BIOS bt still it's slow in rendering ?
Can anyone please tell me why ?

My PC specs
Ryzen 5 3600 + Hyper 212
B450 Aorus M
16gb dual channel ram Corsair V lpx 3000mhz
240gb sata + 1 tb hdd
Cx 550
Nvidia GT 1030 2gb
Cooler Master MB511

Solution
Hey Guys.. I have uploaded a thread a week before. My Ryzen 3600 was/is unexpectedly slow in Adobe Premiere Pro! I was using Stock cooler then and the temps was terribly high (it was 91c when rendering..) bt now 10-20 degree c difference with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (70-78 c when rendering) .. I'm happy with the Temps,, bt the performance..
I have updated the latest Chipset driver... latest BIOS bt still it's slow in rendering ?

My PC specs
Ryzen 5 3600 + Hyper 212
B450 Aorus M
240gb sata + 1 tb hdd
Cx 550
Nvidia GT 1030 2gb
Cooler Master MB511
First to consider is as other's have noted: check your...

My PC specs
Ryzen 5 3600 + Hyper 212
B450 Aorus M
240gb sata + 1 tb hdd
Cx 550
Nvidia GT 1030 2gb
Cooler Master MB511
What is your boost speed while rendering? It is only a 6 core CPU.

There are only a small amount of codecs that can use a lot of threads and even then it depends on the conditions if they are going to use a lot of them or not.
Compare speeds with your settings to others with the same settings/CPU to see if you are actually slower.

My PC specs
Ryzen 5 3600 + Hyper 212
B450 Aorus M
240gb sata + 1 tb hdd
Cx 550
Nvidia GT 1030 2gb
Cooler Master MB511
First to consider is as other's have noted: check your expectations for performance as a 3600 is 6 core/12 thread only. But operating in high temps and it will pull clocks and hurt performance...and probably quite a lot if it should get over 90C.

A hyper 212 will provide better cooling than the stock cooler but it's still an air cooler so it only works as well as the ambient air it's working with. So make sure your case is also very well ventilated with a decent number of exhaust fans pulling the hot air up and out of the area around the CPU. We're getting into late spring in the northern hemisphere so many places are already pretty warm, if your room temp is warm it will simply limit cooling even more. That adds up to is even better cooling may be necessary.

If you can't do anything about better cooling look for a setting called Platform Thermal Limit. It's in BIOS, probably in something like Advanced CPU Settings area along with PBO. Enable that and set it to around 80-85C and it will limit the processor temp. That will also reduce ultimate performance if it gets that hot since it lowers clocks to keep under it but quite possibly not as much should it punch through the 90C line where it's also not good for processor life. And so long as your 212 is keeping temps below the set limit it will perform at max levels anyway.

And lastly: put PBO to MANUAL with the following settings to get slightly better performance: PPT to 333, TDC and EDC to 230. There are further tweaks but that should help some without pushing things too far.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS