Still worth to buy s12ii 620w for skylake and later builds?

Solution

Don't know, but this unit is still on sale and available in Seasonic web page. It should be compatible with all current processors. If the connectors of power supply is compatible with motherboard connectors then it is usually ok, if your supply has enough of power of course. The approval for specific processor types written on power supply is more of a marketing and promotional things.
You can always email a request to Seasonic and ask if it is 100% compatible with skylake. It will be much faster than to get a proper answer here :)
with any power supply as long as the cpu and gpu load is less then 12v leg output any good power supply will work. with the newer power supply that use more digital circuits over the older units. you can see in real time power supply output/temp and fan control. all you have to do is make sure the units are approved for intel low power sleep modes.

Dukediablo2

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
I own one for 2 years with my haswell i5 and AMD R9 270 (RX 480 now) setup and many stuff connected, like external hhd's and wireless charging for my phone. No problems so far. Very quiet operation.

Dukediablo2

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015

Don't know, but this unit is still on sale and available in Seasonic web page. It should be compatible with all current processors. If the connectors of power supply is compatible with motherboard connectors then it is usually ok, if your supply has enough of power of course. The approval for specific processor types written on power supply is more of a marketing and promotional things.
You can always email a request to Seasonic and ask if it is 100% compatible with skylake. It will be much faster than to get a proper answer here :)

Solution