Question Stock intel cooler question!

CrescentGent

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Hey all, so recently I decided it was time for an upgrade and since ryzen seemed on the up and up, I decide to go for a Ryzen 7 2700X which comes with a fancy LED cooler as standard. This is where my issue comes in, the motherboard that I have, I lost the CPU brackets too, that this new cooler attached to since my other cooler used the push and screw method. Since I can't source any of those brackets today, would I be able to use a standard intel stock cooler as a temporary replacement until I can get the brackets?

Hey all, so recently I decided it was time for an upgrade and since ryzen seemed on the up and up, I decide to go for a Ryzen 7 2700X which comes with a fancy LED cooler as standard. This is where my issue comes in, the motherboard that I have, I lost the CPU brackets too, that this new cooler attached to since my other cooler used the push and screw method. Since I can't source any of those brackets today, would I be able to use a standard intel stock cooler as a temporary replacement until I can get the brackets?
No, completely different mounts. AM4 is unique.

Reactions: CrescentGent