Stop port forwarding through open port 443

jenjenr70

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
I have an Arris router through Time Warner Cable with unauthorized port forwarding through my IP address to obtain information on my phone in my computer through Port 443 how do I stop this

Solution
It would be very strange for something like that to exist. The ISP would prefer that nobody have any form of port forwarding because corrupted machines cause issues for everyone. Many even block port 80 and 443 to prevent people from running web servers in their house.

Port forwarding is pretty stupid so it is also easy to break it. All you really have to do is change the ip on your pc to something else. Port forwarding is a fixed rule that send the traffic to a particular IP address so all you do is chose a different one.

Ralston18

Titan
Port forwarding is set up via your network's router or modem/router.

You need admin rights to the router to go in and "undo" the port forwarding.

If you do not have the necessary admin rights then you need to work with whomever does have those rights.

From the router's viewpoint:

"data designated for Port 443 is to be directed to jenjen70's phone at IP address x.x.x.x. (usually a static IP address reserved via the phones MAC).

The router's administrator will delete that configuration and future data information requests to your phone will simply be dropped.

It would be very strange for something like that to exist. The ISP would prefer that nobody have any form of port forwarding because corrupted machines cause issues for everyone. Many even block port 80 and 443 to prevent people from running web servers in their house.

Port forwarding is pretty stupid so it is also easy to break it. All you really have to do is change the ip on your pc to something else. Port forwarding is a fixed rule that send the traffic to a particular IP address so all you do is chose a different one.

Solution