Stop sms converting to mms

Erithlor

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

I received my new smartphone today Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. There is one problem with messaging I tried to figure out the whole day. The problem is, that if the message is bigger than 160, it automatically converts it to mms. But I don't want my phone to do that. Is there a way to disable this feature? I tried to go to Settings > More Settings > Multimedia messages and disable all the options there and also setting "Set Restrictions" to "Restricted". But it still converts sms to mms. I don't want that. And none of my contacts can receive mms anyway.

My old phone was Lumia 610 and I was able to write messages as long as want, even 1000 symbols and send them without any problems.

I tried setting "gsm alphabet" in "Input settings", this allowed to send long messages, but the problem with it, that it doesn't show my language symbols correctly, it just shows many question symbols/marks instead normal symbols.

So, any solution here? In short, I want to send long sms messages (bigger than 160 symbols). How can I do that with my new phone?