Storage not detected (Acer Aspire VX15/VX5)

butmalai.dan

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Hi, I have a M.2 256 GB SSD in my pc and I want to add an additional 1.5 tb HDD, but here is the issue I faced: neither Bios or Windows does not display the presence of my HDD in the system. I thought it could be HDD that is broken and i tested it with my other laptop, it worked fine. Then I checked the cable by inserting the HDD(320GB) from my second laptop and it was ok, fully functional. After reading some forums I think that problem is hiding in the bios settings, but I did not found anything that even looks like it could manage the storage system settings. Information slide displays only the fact that system runs in AHCI mode and HDD0: Intel ... , boot option is selected Legacy. What should I do in this case? Is there some solution that lays in updating the bios or smth like that?
P.S. Changing HDD is not a really suitable solution for me, I have this one laying around and I don't have spare money to buy a new one.
P.S.S Sorry for my poor English.
P.S.S.S Thanks in advance.

butmalai.dan

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Then I checked the cable by inserting the HDD(320GB) from my second laptop and it was ok, fully functional. It is not the cable issue.

advtumani

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Hi, my note work fine with bios 1.06 and a owner cable by acer into HDD upgrade kit available (2.5” bracket with SATA and power cable).

Adding a second hard drive to the Aspire VX 15 (VX5-591G)
Can I add a second hard drive or solid state drive to my Acer VX 15?
A mounting kit is available that will allow for installation of a second hard drive or SSD drive in your Aspire VX5-591G notebook computer. This kit will allow you to install a SATA 3 - 2.5" form factor - 7mm or 9.5mm thick hard drive or SSD (see requirements below). Installation of a second drive requires partial disassembly of your computer and should only be performed by a qualified technician. Please complete the form on the link below to have an upgrade kit sent to you at no charge.

Order your VX5-591G upgrade kit
Note: This kit is currently only available in the US and Canada.

What comes in this kit?
1 - HDD Cable
1 - HDD Carrier (bracket)
8 - HDD Mounting Screws

What kind of hard drive or SSD can I install?
This kit allows for installation of SATA 3 - 2.5" form factor - 7mm or 9.5mm thick hard drives or SSDs.
Document ID: 46288
Last Updated: 03/31/2017 10:47 AM
Good luck

USAFRet

Titan

Please start a new thread for your particular issue.
Thanks.