Question Strange blurring in dark areas of the screen

Sep 8, 2019
I have this problem where when i watch any type of videos (YT, Twitch, even cutscenes ingame) There's the blur/black boxes appearing around the dark areas. Fiddled with all types of contrast but its still there. Any ideas?
pic: (Its a screenshot, not a picture from a camera) https://ibb.co/Ctj3hNx

Rig:
msi tomahawk max
ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire radeon rx vega 56 pulse
2x 8gb HyperX fury ddr4 2666mghz
corsair 550W cx550m 80+ Bronze

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The across the bottom and the top left? Had to really ramp up the brightness to see that.

You say this is a screenshot, that means the information is being sent to the monitor. So, either your GPU is messed up, the drivers are messed up, or you have some weird setting set.

It kind of looks like compression artifacts. Is there any resolution scaling going on?

Sep 8, 2019
The across the bottom and the top left? Had to really ramp up the brightness to see that.

You say this is a screenshot, that means the information is being sent to the monitor. So, either your GPU is messed up, the drivers are messed up, or you have some weird setting set.

It kind of looks like compression artifacts. Is there any resolution scaling going on?
No resolution scaling that i know of, drivers are installed and reinstalled several times without helping. I RMA'ed the GPU, so hopefully it gets fixed