Question Strange Buzzing Noise from behind CPU ?

Jan 9, 2021
Today I purchased a CM hyper 212 RGB black edition and installed it in my pc. When I turned it on I noticed a strange buzzing noise coming from the motherboard behind the CPU. It becomes quieter as I put my CPU under load, but is very loud when idling. One thing that I have noticed is that it makes no sound when in the sign in screen.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: Gigabyte b550 aorus pro ac

Lutfij

Titan
You should list your full system's specs. Include the PSU, rams and the case you're working with. Also, since you mentioned that noise came after installing the aftermarket cooler, did you notice a similar noise from the stock cooler? If so, you might want to be careful of the backplate on the cooler and if it's making contact with the underside of the motherboard's PCB where solders are.

Jan 9, 2021
I believe I have located the problem. I took off and reinstalled the cooler, and found that the noise was coming more from the vrms. I believe that my motherboard has coil whine. Is there any way to get rid of it? I have disabled c-status in my bios, which seemed to have slightly limited it.

Full parts list:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: evga rtx 3060ti xc
PSU: Powerspec 650w semi-modular
Mobo: gigabyte b550 aorus pro ac
RAM: gskill ripjaws 3600mh cl18