Strange Ethernet Issue

deadiyshot

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
So I've recently built my own pc about a month ago, and it's been working fine ...until now. Today when I booted up my system I saw a yellow sign next to my ethernet symbol, and what it read was limited connection. when I tried to open a page in a browser it was unable to do so. what is truly strange was when I opened a browser the yellow sign next to the ethernet symbol disappeared, and it read that I was connected to the internet, yet I wasn't. I was not able to open any pages and steam wouldn't work either.

I'm entirely clueless on what I should do about this issue, I tried turning off the router and modems then reconnecting them in 5minutes to no success. I also tried downloading the drivers onto a usb then onto my pc, but I'm not sure I did this properly. Anyways any help is very much appreciated.

System:
MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
LAN Chipset: Intel I218-V
Router: MI424WR (Rev E)
Other stuff (no clue we have 2 boxes connected to the router)
SPA2102 r (I believe this one is for the phone)
D-link DL-604

ISP: Verizon

If you got the drivers from the ASUS website under your motherboad and your OS then you are fine in that regards.

I assume that no other device on the network has any connection problems?
try opening a command prompt window and type ipconfig, hit enter and paste what it displays back