[SOLVED] Strange issue causing problems with loading textures ?

Mar 15, 2021
Hello all,
In the past two weeks, I have begun to have this issue where I would see many objects loading and unloading very quickly causing a flickering effect in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. I noticed some issues in other games like Deep Rock Galactic, Bloons TD 6, Boneworks, and a few more. I thought it was my 5700XT so I ended up sending it in to get it RMA'd. Just today I managed to borrow a 1080 from a friend to use while I am waiting, but the issues are still occurring and I am at a loss.

My setup is:
B-550M Plus
Ryzen 9 3900XT
5700XT Thicc 3 (1080 currently)
NZXT 750W Gold
32GB Corsair Vengeance
1TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 1TB NVME, 1TB SSD

Solution
Hello all,
In the past two weeks, I have begun to have this issue where I would see many objects loading and unloading very quickly causing a flickering effect in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. I noticed some issues in other games like Deep Rock Galactic, Bloons TD 6, Boneworks, and a few more. I thought it was my 5700XT so I ended up sending it in to get it RMA'd. Just today I managed to borrow a 1080 from a friend to use while I am waiting, but the issues are still occurring and I am at a loss.

My setup is:
B-550M Plus
Ryzen 9 3900XT
NZXT 750W Gold
32GB Corsair Vengeance

Have you tried DDU in safe mode? Could be grasping at straws here, but couldn't hurt...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello all,

My setup is:
B-550M Plus
Ryzen 9 3900XT
NZXT 750W Gold
32GB Corsair Vengeance

Have you tried DDU in safe mode? Could be grasping at straws here, but couldn't hurt, especially if you moved from Nvidia to the 5700XT.

Judging from the age of your components, I'm gonna guess this happens just recently? As in things were fine and just now acting squirrelly?

Edit: check the PSU also while you're at it. Although this is farfetched since (1) it's not a cheapo no-name PSU (2) I know 1080s display a power warning before boot if insufficient power is detected, at least my Zotac mini does.

Solution