rickmond

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Hi,

My system specs are as follows:

AMD 1055T X6 Thuban Processor @3.5 Ghz
12 Gig RAM
AMD HD7950 3GB

When I updated the new drivers from 14.1-14.2, the entirety of how the card rendered my screen changed.

I don't really know how to describe it, I neglected to take a screenshot before rolling back the drivers, but lets just say things that are farther away on the screen look just a tad more "blurry" while some things actually look more defined and outlined. Its definitely the drivers because I uninstalled them and now everything looks great.

Basically, What I am asking is has anyone else had a weird issue with the 14.2 drivers where it makes your card render everything dramatically differently?

Solution
Is there any specific reason you need the 14.2 drivers?
It seems to be a common problem with that release...

But aside from that, i'd mess with the resolution settings once you install the 14.2 release.
Sounds like a resolution and or scaling issue.
Is there any specific reason you need the 14.2 drivers?
It seems to be a common problem with that release...

But aside from that, i'd mess with the resolution settings once you install the 14.2 release.
Sounds like a resolution and or scaling issue.

Solution

rickmond

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

No specific reason I need them, other than being up to date with the latest drivers.

I used to be under the impression that new drivers were meant to optimize performance, which is why I wanted to be up to date with them.

I did try messing with the scaling and resolution when I installed them, nothing seemed to work.

Its not that it looked terrible, it just looked different. Some things looked better, but the text on the screen is too blurry and the effect in game it had was distractingly different from what it looked like before, so I decided to roll back.

rickmond

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I am still having this same issue with the 14.5 drivers.

When I update the drivers, the scaling or the pixelation or whatever it is is getting corrupted or somehow misread by either the card or the display.

Is there anybody who can help me with this?