Question Strange monitor behaviour during Win7 boot/startup via Displayport

Jan 18, 2021
Hello, I got the Fujitsu B22W-7 LED monitor from a cousin last year and now I have decided to plug it in and use it. I bought a quality DP to DP cable and connected the monitor to the ATI AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series 512Mb. It gives a very nice picture and working fine, but during Win7 startup something is happening that I don't understand. I tried to record it on the phone so that you guys could see and hopefully help me with this. During the boot sequence, one line first appears at the top, and then after the win7 pulsating logo comes in, virtually the entire screen goes psychedelic, with the led backlight glowing and shining thru, and then after a minute everything is fine. It's really annoying. I would be very grateful for your help.

View: https://youtu.be/PDDNdV9eiLE

My relative's Philips 193V5LSB2 have similar problem, though over analog VGA cable. In native mode (1366x768) it works just fine. Seems particular monitors does not work well with low resolution video modes. In your case other cause may be monitor returning corrupted EDID information back to video card. For start reinstall video card drivers. Or try different DisplayPort cable.

Reactions: FlexPlex
Jan 18, 2021
My relative's Philips 193V5LSB2 have similar problem, though over analog VGA cable. In native mode (1366x768) it works just fine. Seems particular monitors does not work well with low resolution video modes. In your case other cause may be monitor returning corrupted EDID information back to video card. For start reinstall video card drivers. Or try different DisplayPort cable.

So i suppose this is a graphic card/software related issue, rather than monitor issue? The monitor is working fine btw, there are no irregularities in the work nor with the image itself. It runs in native 1680 x 1050 at 60Hz. It's just that damn Win startup issue as seen in the video I attached. I am using Hama gold DP to DP cable, which was the most expensive DP cable they had in the store. The ATI AMD Radeon HD 5500 is installed with the newest drivers, as far as I see. It's the 15.200.1062.1004 driver version, and I can't find any newer version on the internet. Didn't try to uninstall the drivers yet. Should I reinstall the same drivers, or try some other (older) version?

Jan 18, 2021
If you wish, try VGA or DVI cables. owever I believe you can stop bothering about this issue.

Hama DisplayPort and HDMI cables usually are good enough, yes.

Yes, I was thinkig about testing the monitor on my brother's configuarion too, or maybe with the DVI to DVI cables instead. I believe this is something related to a DP/graphic card software issue. I am also reainstalling the display drivers later this evening, just to see if that changes anything.