Strange network issue

Feb 23, 2018
Hi everybody!

Well, my problem started few days ago, I went to sleep and internet was working fine as usual, woke up to not have any.

The very first thing I did was calling the ISP, they sent a tech guy who replaced my old router and the outside cable, the ethernet cable and the adsl to router cable. Apparently everything was working when I decided to plug in my ethernet cable to my main computer. Onboard ethernet adapter is still working as it shows up, but my speed is negligible and even every of the devices connected to the same router also seems affected.
Tried to USB tethering my main computer and its working fine.

With the past events, I just could think of being the onboard adapter, with that being said I just bought a PCI Ethernet card with the surprise that it happens the same. Disabled old adapter in Device manager but not on BIOS yet.

To be clear, I don't have the warning ! icon, already tried with commands like ipconfig /release /renew /flushdns and netsh and setting DCHP ipv4, disabling ipv6.

Opened task manager as admin to check any suspicious process or service, and to track the network activity of the computer, the only weird thing I see is various Nvidia process with same name but they are not sending any kind of data.

Checked for a faulty antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender but both are disabled, also Firewall.
Ran Malwarebytes, CCleaner, Adwcleaner, ComboFix, TDSSKiller, Farbar service scanner, AswMBR, nothing found.

Tried to do a Safe boot with Networking (with the old adapter) and had the same issue.

As a note, I didn't experience that issue in the past 3 years, same computer, same router, same network.

I kinda ran out of ideas and this starts to feel really frustrating, guess next step would be reformatting.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1.

My specs:
GIGABYTE H97-HD3
i5 4460
Msi gtx 1050 ti gaming
Corsair cx550 plus bronze
Cooler master hyper tx3 evo
G.skill ripjaws X
Seagate barracuda 1tb HDD
Zalmann Z11+

Been already 3 days... Every answer is really welcome and appreciate beforehand!

My best regards.

Can you access the modem configuration? What is the reported connection speed of the modem?

What happens if you bypass the router and plug directly into the ADSL modem? You say that everything that is connected to the router has the same issue, so I wonder if it could the router.

Feb 23, 2018

Hi and Thanks for your answer! I do can access the modem configuration and the router can handle the speed, I had the same router before It got changed for a new one.

About the problem being the router, It just stops sending any kind of data right when I plug the ethernet cable to the computer, right when I plug off, the speed is restored inmediately, tried in 2 other devices, a smartphone with wifi and a mac with cable and they do work fine too, so everything is pointing out the computer...

I want to add that I tried to disable onboard adapter via Bios, but there was no option for it. With the PCI adapter I safe booted with Networking to see the device was giving some error and proceed to switch off and re-plug.
Did 5000~ pings to google with a result of 120/4470 Packets lost, a 2%!!!
It's definetely an improvement!

Now I wonder about the Onboard adapter issue... Fried pins? Mobo dying?

Feb 23, 2018
I did locate it and turned it off, afterwards I tried with the Pci one but keeps doing same event, by that reasoning, makes a bit of sense that the mobo is slowly dying.