[SOLVED] Strange noise coming from graphics card?

Jan 30, 2019
Hey guys. I built my PC a couple years ago and recently moved it to a new case and added a liquid cooler. This was done over a month ago, and starting yesterday I've been hearing the following noise coming from my PC, I believe from the graphics card. It doesn't seem to sound like coil whine, but I'm no professional. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks!

My build:
- AMD FX6300 4.1Ghz w/ Corsair h100i pro liquid cooling (240mm radiator)
- XFX Radeon RX470 4GB
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- MSI 970 gaming motherboard

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xugwWkKZRQp2iXU7xIWp8owe1Vnbj02l

Solution
If you take the cooler off, and look at the back of the fans, there is likely a model that will allow you to order ONLY the fan assembly, rather than the whole cooler. Should be a pretty common fan on a variety of graphics cards.
Very hard to tell by that sound byte with a lot of static hum and other background noise. But from what I could hear, that little bit of gzzzzt, gzzzt you can hear a few times that starts up then goes away, if that's what you're referring to, sounds like a bearing on one of the fans. Could be graphics card, PSU or CPU fan bearing. As old as that system is, and as relatively new as the graphics card is by comparison, I think I'd be looking at those first.

The other thing it might be, and it could fit that sound, is an air problem with the cooler. Could be a pump issue or air trapped in the loop.

Jan 30, 2019

Any suggestions on troubleshooting what it may be? see if the fans are spinning smoothly? and how would i know if its the pump or air trapped in the loop? thank you for your insight though.

Likely, you'll need to isolate the sound. If you can't tell by taking the side panel off and getting your ear somewhat close, but not close enough to interfere with something, then you may need to use something like a rolled up piece of paper or tubing that you can point directly at a component. Like a cone. You can roll a piece of paper into a cone that is small at one end for your ear and a little bigger at the other end, to gather and isolate sound from the component you are pointing it at.

Sometimes you can also somewhat tell by using a screwdriver to set against the case near where you think the noise is coming from. The vibrations you feel might tell you something if they coincide with when the noise occurs. Do not touch the screwdriver, obviously, to any moving part or to the motherboard.

Jan 30, 2019

After taking the side panel off and listening to the graphics card close up it is definitely coming from the graphics card. Thanks for the help, is it worth buying a new fan? I want to do an upgraded build anyway but im nowhere near the funds yet and I doubt i'll be able to sell this one with the crazy fan bearing lol