Strange noise from speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattycakes

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
Hi everyone, I've been having a problem lately that's driving me insane. My audio output is sending out a bizarre highpitched stuttered noise along with a a constant hiss that is coming from both speakers and headphones. The speakers are Bose and the headphones are Sennheiser so they really make the sound quite prominent. It's not very noticeable at quiet volume levels but is agonizing once the volume is past moderately loud. I've updated all drivers and the like to no avail. What could be causing this and is there anyway of cheaply removing it?
Many Thanks

rno

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
Could be because of some devices. I had smilar issue when my cell phone was near of my speakers. Took me a while since I figured it out.

mattycakes

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
I just discovered the culprit but I still need help. Whenever the harddrive makes noise the speakers send out the noise and they are perfectly synchronized. What on earth can I do to fix this?!?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
hey dude, its a long shot but it might work. In the bios, try setting the cpu temperature warning beep a little higher to see if its causing your sound problems.

I had a situation with my temperature warning gizmo set too low and started warning me with crackles and pops through my speakers, it was very annoying lol.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.