[SOLVED] Strange screen trying to boot Windows 10 installation from USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

babaika

Prominent
Nov 22, 2020
Hi,

I am running WIN 7 (32bit).

I am trying to install WIN 10 (64 bit) from USB, yet when I put the USB in and restart the PC, instead of taking me through WIN10 installation, it gives me such screen:

I have lifetme experience of installing Win xp, Win 7 from bootable USBs, so it is not some stupid mistake on my part.

Can this be that my PC does not support WIN10? (I doubt it as HW requirements are met)

Or can this be specifictally that 64 bit win10 not supported?

What other explanation could there be?

Thanks

6ZsL5.JPG

Solution
My question is why do you say rufus over MCT is the problem
because if it's not working for you, something is not configured correctly.
if you can't figure out how to manually setup the system partitions and the boot manager on the USB drive than this tool could possibly do it for you.

one thing you can still try is disabling\disconnecting any SATA III or M.2 drives when loading the USB based OS.
it's possible there are other system partitions interfering with the USB's ability to boot correctly.
My question is why do you say rufus over MCT is the problem
because if it's not working for you, something is not configured correctly.
if you can't figure out how to manually setup the system partitions and the boot manager on the USB drive than this tool could possibly do it for you.

one thing you can still try is disabling\disconnecting any SATA III or M.2 drives when loading the USB based OS.
it's possible there are other system partitions interfering with the USB's ability to boot correctly.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

I doubt that millions of people are using Rüfüs as well. People make these stupid overblown statements all the time. Most people use the media creation tool without any issue

I detest Rufus and I always have and it has never worked properly for me not even back in the old days. I regard it as junk

Colif

Win 11 Master
that looks more like a problem with the PC and not the installer, as if you get that on restart, does it show the bios screen at all or just that?

specs as requested above would help

if that is after bios flash screen, maybe try another USB?

Last edited:

babaika

Prominent
Nov 22, 2020
Hi,

I confirm that USB bootable drive is fine. (I tried putting it into another win7 PC and it started win10 installation process).
So some kind of problem is on my PC side.

As requested:
motherboard:
H61M-P20 (G3)
Pentium G2120
6GB ram (only 4Gb at this moment as that is the max limit for 32bit win7)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Status
Not open for further replies.