Question Strange Situation with a Partitioned Drive and now Unallocated Old storage drive

japentz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hello friends at Tom's Hardware

I am attempting to use Recuva recovery software to a a hard drive that is seen by the BIOS and windows 7. But when I go to manage the computer the drive shows as unallocated disc space.

My sad story is I bought a new hard drive, installed Windows 7 on it, then went to manage the disc, partition the drive into two drives C and D. And I had an old Drive with all my files on it also installed as the E Drive.

I was using the e Drive for storage. I I had Windows 7 installed on C and put Windows 10 on the D partition. I was attempting to make that drive dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 10 was not working very well so I tried to #redo it. Something happened so that the E storage Drive now shows as D and the space is unallocated. I cannot retrieve my old files on that storage Drive that used to be E.

I don't know how to recover the files on the old Drive that is showing as unallocated and having nothing on it . the drive is seen in bios and windows but appears Blank. How do I recover?

This was weird.

how do I retrieve those old files? Thank you for reading this and your attention.

Judy