Question strange visual glitch happening with 7900 GRE

Sep 28, 2024
hello im having a strange issue with my card only happening on some games at some moments most consistantly on space marine 2 during the loading screen i will get these white lines on the screen they are random like part of the image didnt render im not sure what to even call them they come and go so fast its hard to get a screen shot of them. they dont go acroos the entire screan some times they do some times they are thin some times thicker wired thing is it only happen on the loading screen for a mission the rest of the game has no issues. i thought this was a issue with the game but i started noticeing it in other games as well to a smaller scale on ff14. i dont know what could be causing it or if i should be concerned since its so rare i haven tried reinstalling drivers but still issue persists. recently i got a vertical mount for my gpu i wonder if the riser cable could be the issue any ideas on what could be the cause or how i might fix it?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
or how i might fix it?
To narrow things down; record a gameplay video (e.g with OBS Studio) and look if artifacting also appears in the video.
Afterwards, you can watch the video and slow it down or view it frame by frame (e.g with VLC Media Player).

If artifacts doesn't appear in the video, issue is with monitor, video cable or video port on GPU.
If artifacts appear in the video as well, issue is with GPU, since video capture is done before image is sent out of the GPU. Riser cable could also be the issue. This would be next step when artifacts appear in the video.

Sep 28, 2024
To narrow things down; record a gameplay video (e.g with OBS Studio) and look if artifacting also appears in the video.
Afterwards, you can watch the video and slow it down or view it frame by frame (e.g with VLC Media Player).

If artifacts doesn't appear in the video, issue is with monitor, video cable or video port on GPU.
If artifacts appear in the video as well, issue is with GPU, since video capture is done before image is sent out of the GPU. Riser cable could also be the issue. This would be next step when artifacts appear in the video.
update: i did some testing with obs as sugested and it dose show on the video as well all be it it show less on the video then what was actually happening on screen. another thing i noticed is changing the upsacleing from fsr to taa makes it much worse what i find most odd about it is it only ever happen on the mission launch loading screen all other normal loading screens or during game play nothing at all.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
what i find most odd about it is it only ever happen on the mission launch loading screen all other normal loading screens or during game play nothing at all.
Since i did not code the game, i can't tell what is so different during mission loading screen vs actual gameplay.
Here, i suggest you contact game devs and ask them about it.

That is, unless it wasn't an issue before riser and is an issue after riser. If so, remove riser cable and vertical mount.
After all, vertical mount is only for eyecandy. It doesn't have any performance benefits. But risers often cause all sorts of issues.