[SOLVED] Strange Xbox one controller issue

cougar528

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Hi all, having a weird controller issue. It's almost like there's interference coming from somewhere. I'm using Bluetooth to connect the controller to my PC. If I sit in my chair as normal and use the controller in my lap, or move forward and rest my hands on my desk, any game I use the controller with starts to stutter and I even lose connection on the controller.
If I swivel my chair (spin in place) where I'm perpendicular to my monitor, it works just fine.
This is so weird to me. I wouldn't think a rotational movement would stop interference.
I've tried moving my PC from the floor to on my desk, doesn't make a difference. I'm not using anything crazy with my setup. Wireless keyboard, wired mouse, standard LED monitor, USB hub, and a wired Ethernet connection.
Anyone have any ideas? My neck will thank you. Can provide more details on my setup if you need it.

Solution
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given you're on a number of wireless devices, might want to list them as well. What is the make and model of your BlueTooth adapter? If the adapter is USB driven, might want see if isolating the USB adapter to the front panel and keeping the wireless keyboard away or in proximity to the system changes your experience.

Lutfij

Titan
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given you're on a number of wireless devices, might want to list them as well. What is the make and model of your BlueTooth adapter? If the adapter is USB driven, might want see if isolating the USB adapter to the front panel and keeping the wireless keyboard away or in proximity to the system changes your experience.

Solution

cougar528

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I was going to list out everything but I ended up unplugging the keyboard dongle, didn't help. But then I moved the keyboard on the floor too. Boom, works much better.

I have a pretty short depth desk and if I try to prop my hands and controller on the desk, getting closer to the monitor causes it to stutter badly again. There must be some interference coming from it too.

Looks like I've figured out the culprit(s). Thank you for the help. Still, I wonder if that's unusual. Never had any issues using a Bluetooth mouse with this keyboard.