Question Streaming/gameplay recording on laptop & an old desktop?

Oct 10, 2019
i have a gaming laptop and a old desktop so im planning to do streaming/recording game play using both, i need to know the performance and data cost?

will duel pc stream improves quality and reduce lag on the stream and record video and cost more data when using NDI?
my gaming pc specs=
Intel i7 8750H 2.2 ghz up to 4.0 ghz with turbo boost
16GB ram 2666mhz
nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4GB
(it some times lagging when streaming a high-end graphics game at 720p 60fps)
so ,
i'm planning to use my old low-end desktop as my dedicated streaming pc using NDI plugin (to stream or record the video only )
as follows it has=
i3 4150 u 3.5 ghz with hd4000 on board graphics.
nvidia gt 610 2gb.
8gb ram,
(cuz i heard that streaming pc don't need to be a powerful one)

so will this combination improves my stream quality, increase fps and reduce the lag of a 720p 60fps streaming or record game play,
while using X264 and 3500 to 4000 bit rate on streaming pc?
need a help and i want to know that my idea is good or bad what setting should i apply for the streaming pc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Do be blunt, streaming PC's don't need to be powerful but they still need some form of power from the entire platform. Depending on the quality of your stream and the platform you're streaming to, you're going to need more than 8GB's of ram for the streaming PC. You forgot to mention if you're going to be spending on a capture card like those made by Elgato.

Lastly, what games will you be gaming on?

Oct 10, 2019
Do be blunt, streaming PC's don't need to be powerful but they still need some form of power from the entire platform. Depending on the quality of your stream and the platform you're streaming to, you're going to need more than 8GB's of ram for the streaming PC. You forgot to mention if you're going to be spending on a capture card like those made by Elgato.

Lastly, what games will you be gaming on?
im trying to avoid a capture card if i need a capture card its ok i can afford one but im planning to use NDI pluggin offered by obs, if i need to increase the ram and its also possible for the streaming pc what are the best options and solutions?
well lastly im playing pubg pc, apex legends, fortnite, csgo, rainbow six siege, destiny 2, league of legends, gta v ,batllefield V, etc..