Stretching The Limits Of Lithography: MIT Creates 25 Nm Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

^ why will the world end in 2012? i'm interested to know why...

anyway this is very fascinating to me

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]^ why will the world end in 2012? i'm interested to know why...anyway this is very fascinating to me[/citation]
Some esoteric American centuries ago predicted the world will end on Dec. 12, 2012. Some idiotic American now believe their story.

G

Not to rain on MIT's parade (I'm even a former alumn)... but a few things to put this into perspective.

25nm features is not really very impressive. The smallest feature on the 32nm node is not much larger than this .(note: there are features smaller than 32nm on the 32nm node and this is true in all recent tech nodes).

Lithograph dictating your design/layout? While you could potentially get around this, it would certainly cost either die space or performance.

So basically the researches have come up with a cheap way to pattern the 32nm node with significant design restrictions (and no mention of other key lithography constraints like registration and overlay capabilities).

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]krowbar[/nom]There is no room for religious nonsense on this website, take your superstitions elsewhere.[/citation]
Read of post above you'll know I don't believe in that Aztec non-sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.