Strict NAT Type

nik.t

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
Any game i play, literally any... gives me a warning "Strict NAT Type detected".

I tried forwarding ports, i tried disabling Firewall, i tried disabling my Anti-Virus, even Set a static IP.
Nothing works.

I downloaded PortForward Network Utility, it can't log in to my router.
Stuck at "unable to verify username and password".
I checked, it's the correct login and router model.

I then called my ISP, they had literally no idea what im talking about.

Called a friend in Networking and Internet Security for private companies. He said my ISP has a shitty config, it's not my router.

So before i change ISPs i wanted to make sure i have all the facts.

I don't have a solution, but I do have a similar story to share with you, which may or may not provide some understanding of the problem.

A quick key:

EE - UK mobile and broadband operator
AAISP - UK broadband and business net services provider

Part 1 - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/mobilebroadband/f/4602225-type-3-nat-on-this-ee4g-home-broadbandfound-no-fix.html?fpart=all&vc=1
Part 2 - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/mobilebroadband/f/4604671-billion-bipac-4500nz-update.html?fpart=all&vc=1

(hoping links don't require login to view - some parts of that forum require login)

I suggest you try to soak up anything in there that might assist you in your journey to success. I took two things from the story:

1. It's a very complicated scenario to get through, if unfamiliar with all the techs involved.
2. Just jumping to new kit / provider without research wouldn't be the best idea.

Sorry if that's not actually giving a solution, but at least the story is recent enough to be relevant.

Why would you load some program rather than set the port forwarding option in the router yourself.

You went to all the trouble to call the ISP and some friend rather than just taking the time to read the manual. Almost every router can set port forwarding and most have examples in the manual.

If your problem is you do not have the userid and password for the router you need to get that from the ISP or buy your own router so you can configure as you want.