Strix Z270E Gaming Onboard WiFi does not work. What do I do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deemoleak

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I bought this Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard because i thought (was told/assumed) it had on board WiFi. I thought, why spend 230$ for a new motherboard, and a the best WiFi antenna, when I could buy a 130$ motherboard that I enjoyed with on board WiFi. Fast forward a month, the board comes, I build the computer, everything works EXCEPT the WiFi. For the life of me, I cannot get this WiFi to work. I even thought that maybe this motherboard doesn't have onboard WiFi, and I misread it or bought the wrong motherboard, but I don't think that's it. If possible, I would like some help with this. This is a new computer, no drivers are installed in it, and all it has is windows on a SSD.

Solution
FINALLY A FIX:

To anyone who might have this problem, this was a simple noob problem on my part. My WiFi antenna was incorrectly installed, I was able to find out by asking this question on another forum, and low and behold, I was recommended to readjust my WiFi antenna and it worked. (Thanks LinusTechTips user)

deemoleak

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
FINALLY A FIX:

To anyone who might have this problem, this was a simple noob problem on my part. My WiFi antenna was incorrectly installed, I was able to find out by asking this question on another forum, and low and behold, I was recommended to readjust my WiFi antenna and it worked. (Thanks LinusTechTips user)

Solution