[SOLVED] Strix z390-E REALLY bad wifi connection.

Apr 25, 2020
Just bought a strix z390-e that touts that you can get great wifi speeds but even with my cat5 ethernet cable connected to my computer I'm only getting 17 download speed. I'm paying for gigabit internet and my other computer(while running simultaneously) gets up to 700 mbps. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date and that my bios is running the latest version but it still is running slow. Any suggestions? I've tried using the wifi adapter that comes with the mobo and it's the same result. Thought an ethernet cable would be better but nope.

Solution
Yes I am and I also have the fin connected as well. Tried with both the ethernet cable and that and I will get 22 MBPS download but 900 upload and it's the opposite on the other computer that has a z270-e
If you are running the ROG Game first, I would recommend uninstalling it.

kanewolf

Titan
Just bought a strix z390-e that touts that you can get great wifi speeds but even with my cat5 ethernet cable connected to my computer I'm only getting 17 download speed. I'm paying for gigabit internet and my other computer(while running simultaneously) gets up to 700 mbps. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date and that my bios is running the latest version but it still is running slow. Any suggestions? I've tried using the wifi adapter that comes with the mobo and it's the same result. Thought an ethernet cable would be better but nope.
Are you running the ROG Game First software? That will hurt download performance. For WIFI, do you have the shark-fin antenna connected?

Apr 25, 2020
Yes I am and I also have the fin connected as well. Tried with both the ethernet cable and that and I will get 22 MBPS download but 900 upload and it's the opposite on the other computer that has a z270-e