Stronghold Crusader 2 Windows 10 compatibility

I recently build a new (not only) gaming pc and went with Windows 10 Pro. Decided to install Stronghold Crusader 2 (already had it) and it wouldn't start. I tried running in compatability (for windows 7 and 8) mode, added windows defender and firewall exceptions. I played this game on my old PC (had Windows 7 Ultimate) but with reduced settings and wanted to try the full experience (I have an i7 6700k , R9 390, 16gb 3000mhz (currently running at 2666mhz) ddr4 ram, so specs aren't the issue).
On the official firefly webstie it says windows 7 and 8 support but I guess they might have not updated that section yet for windows 10.
So, is Stronghold Crusader 2 is compatible with Windows 10? (I know the Stronghold Crusader HD isn't, and haven't found this game on the incompatibility list) What should I do to run the game?

I have tried the majority of this previously and rechecked them now but still the game won't start. I need to mention that previously with Windows 7 I had to click the game icon 4 times to respond (double click two times). This doesn't work on Windows 10 anymore. The System File checker found some issues and solved them but still the problem isn't solved. Also, I cannot try to delete the options.xml file since the game was never started and the folders in documents weren't created.

Also I forgot to mention that when I run the compatibility troubleshooter it gives me a warning that this program is incompatible.