Question Strugglin with my fps

Mar 22, 2023
Well.... i have a i7 9700k, rtx 3060 12gb gaming x trio, 2 16GB 3200mhz corsair, 650w psu , monitor is 165mhz 1080p and component temperature are not a issue. I play league of legends and i go from 409 fps to 126fps and its kinda not fluid. I have checked everything possible from nvidia control panel and more and still have that problem. When i play Mw2 on balanced settings i almost get no problem so im really confuse right now of what is the problem with my fps. I tried to completely uninstall league but it does the same thing when i reinstall. Plz let me kbow what you think is the issue.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Plz let me kbow what you think is the issue.

Not an issue per se, but more like normal behavior of a hardware. Namely, when you look at quiet/low action direction, FPS is high. But if you look towards action packed section, where GPU has to render far more stuff on the image, the GPU output drops, which results in FPS drop.

One easy fix is to cap your FPS to 165. This way, GPU doesn't have to work at it's fullest all the time (also consuming less power and producing less heat), while if there would be any FPS drops down to ~120, you probably won't notice it. Also, you won't be seeing screen tearing either.

Reactions: CountMike
Mar 22, 2023
Well..... i see stuttering in league and now in Cod too.... my cpu is overclocked but when i monitor the % of use of my graphic card is always at 80% and plus.... and my cpu is stable.... do you think my gpu is failling me ? Cause when i first bought it i was running way higher fps without that stutter that i keep getting.....

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
do you think my gpu is failling me ?

No.

Far more likely issue is bloatware and/or malware within the system, hogging system resources, and in turn, lessening the performance what you get out of your hardware.

Here, you can either start doing proper OS maintenance, which may or may not work. But formatting OS drive and making a clean Win install will get rid of all software issues. <- This is what i suggest doing 1st, since clean Win install doesn't cost you any money and if this doesn't help, then it's safe to assume issue is within hardware.

But if you were to replace GPU 1st, whereby later learning that the issue was OS (since issue remains even with new GPU), you'd be wasting quite a bit of money for new GPU, you even didn't need.

Mar 22, 2023
Not even a month ago i did a clean Windows install.... and it din't help.... what is OS? Im trying my best to understand(i speak french)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
what is OS?

OS = Operating System -> Système opérateur
It is your Windows. Either Windows 10 or Windows 11.

And No, i do not speak French. Instead, i used Google Translate. :)

Did you try this:
One easy fix is to cap your FPS to 165. This way, GPU doesn't have to work at it's fullest all the time (also consuming less power and producing less heat), while if there would be any FPS drops down to ~120, you probably won't notice it. Also, you won't be seeing screen tearing either.

Cap = limit. Meaning that you limit your in-game FPS to 165, since that is the refresh rate of your monitor.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
OS = Operating System -> Système opérateur
It is your Windows. Either Windows 10 or Windows 11.

And No, i do not speak French. Instead, i used Google Translate. :)

Did you try this:

Cap = limit. Meaning that you limit your in-game FPS to 165, since that is the refresh rate of your monitor.
9700K but RTX 3070. For my case limiting the fps solved the problem in Battlefield V.

9700K was once the king, but now it is old, and we can face problems in CPU dependent games.