[SOLVED] Stuck at 1000 kbps, I had 20-30 mbps before

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What games did you download?

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

My thought is that one of the games is buggy or corrupted.

Or brought along some other add-in utility or app that is now running in the background.

Could also just be some interim glitch in your internet service or network. Check other computers and network devices.

Check the router's logs (if available and enabled) for errors. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Jan 6, 2022
I downloaded some from the steam sale - death stranding, mordhau and horizon zero dawn
There's nothing wrong in the task manager. But on the resource monitor my ethernet has a max of 100 kbit/s for some reason (on the right corner).

I have also deleted the downloaded games and sussy files on my computer, and ran a scan so there's no currpted files or malware. The other computers are working fine and have normal speed. Guess i need to check the router's logs which will take some time :) . My ethernet is a realtek family comtroller.

Overall specs: 16gb ram, windows 10 pro, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, geforce rtx 3070

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Everybody's favorite typical tech support response, restart your modem and router. Turn everything off. Turn on the modem, router and PC in that order. You don't know unless you try it, maybe it works.

Jan 6, 2022
PROBLEM FIXED: Somehow i had a limit of 10 mbit/s on my router just for my computer lol. It just did that by it self.
Thanks for the replies and help!

Solution