Stuck at "Loading Operating System" black screen.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hi, as the title says, I'm stuck at the black screen at boot-up that says "Loading Operating System".
I have not made any changes to my PC before this happened. I had my PC running for maybe 18 hours straight, shut it down, went to bed, woke up today, started up my PC and it kept getting stuck no matter how many times I restarted.

My PC specs are:
Windows 7 Professional
GTX 590
i7-2700K
32 GB RAM
2TB HDD

Please let me know if you need more info, and any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

PS:
I can't live without my PC! Especially now that I've been playing South Park:TSoT! T_T
My laptop is just too small and lame..

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
When loading your machine up tap f8 > now select load last now good configurations. This is a quick suggestion as I'm in a hurry. I'll stop back by later to further investigate.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

I tried your suggestion a few times but for some reason pressing F8 isn't doing anything. It just keeps going and ends up stuck again at the "Loading Operating System".
I want to note that I tried pressing F12 at boot up as well with the same results. It just kept going..
It just wouldn't stop!! *sob*

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Someone suggested that, I tried it and it didn't work. Pressing F8 wasn't doing anything.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Yes it does but I don't really know what to look at. I tried pressing Tab coz it said some thing at boot up about showing POST if I press Tab, but it just kept going as well just like when I press F8. I'm starting to think it's not recognizing the keyboard or something.

Any suggestions?

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
on a standard keyboard there are 3 lights that indicate if the number lock, scroll lock, or caps locks in on. If you have a standard keyboard these 3 lights, light up briefly to show keyboard is plugged in and recognised. If that is the case on the BIOS flash screen press the key it says to enter bios. Load defaults and restart.

If this doesn't work I want you to completely unplug your desktop and press the power key. Let the computer set overnight or at the very least 4-6 hours before you plug it up and turn it on. If these suggestions do not show progress we will tackle this some more later on today.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

The 3 lights didnt flash at all when I started up the PC. The number lock light just turned on and stayed on once it got stuck at the "Loading Operating System" screen.

The bios flash screen says to press DEL to enter bios set-up, I pressed DEL and nothing happened.
Should I go to the second part of your instructions and unplug my PC and press the power key?

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Yes, but first unplug all usb devices and try to start the computer up again. After this try the second suggestion. Also if you press the num lock key and the light stays on then the computer is freezing. On Windows 7 USB devices can cause this, unplug everything usb even if its the keyboard and see if the computer will boot all the way.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Unplugging all USB devices didn't fix it. Will try second suggestion and let you know tomorrow (more like later today) if it works.

Thank you so much for your time!

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Unplug you HDD and see if you can get into the BIOS. You can also bring your RAM from 32GB to 8GB (if it is in the 4 X 8 sticks config). Do not try these suggestions at the same time.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

OK sorry if it took me a while to reply. Just got done doing your suggestions and unfortunately neither worked.
Both times it still just got stuck at "Loading Operating System".

I really hope I won't lose all my data..

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

May I ask what that does?

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Ok, I started it up without the BIOS battery. It Turned on, and before the screen could display anything, it restarted on its own. After that it went to a blue screen talking about successful boots. it was only on that screen for about 30 secs (had a count down timer) before it restarted again to the usual boot up and got stuck at loading OS.

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
To me everything seems to point to bad driver or bad motherboard. I know that is what you want to hear, we need a new set of eyes on the issue. Maybe try making a new post and title it 'Computer not booting can't enter BIOS'. Also in your post add the new finds, such as even with HDD unplugged computer still won't load bios and just goes to screen saying 'Loading Operating System'. Sorry that I couldn't be anymore help.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

It's all good, any step closer to fixing my PC is big help as far as I'm concern. I really appreciate your time and help brother.
I will make the new post you suggested ASAP.

-John