[SOLVED] Stuck at welcome administrator

Apr 26, 2021
Let me make this as short as possible
This problem happened out of nowhere
I opened my PC then boom
Black Screen i can see my cursor but everything else is completely black i tried restarting and doing things that i think could help fix it until i tried safemode when i tried safe mode it went from the horrible and alarming black screen to a less pressing
Blue screen with a Stuck
Please Wait
In the middle again i did a few things and succesfully got in i tried installing that windows drivers pack cause i thought it might be a drivers problem and when it said it needed a reboot i did exactly whats told then here comes the Main problem its completely stuck at Welcome Administrator thing and its stuck a few mins later eveything went blue thats it
Restarted my pc and decided to deak wtih this tommorow pls help

Solution
Windows start, right click, CMD with Admin. That'll open another box.
Type sfc /scannow
Wait till it's finished.
Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
If there's anything wrong with windows, load or drivers, should fix it.
I'd also run CHKDSK from that same command prompt. It'll tell you it'll check on reboot.

Sounds like you have a network driver conflict/corruption and its taking that long for windows to bypass the loop.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Windows driver pack? Where did that come from?

If you were still in safe mode when you did that, driver's typically won't install. But if you were just loading the drivers for the next boot that would another thing. Though not sure what led you to a driver issue.

Don't gloss over any of the steps you've tried already. A few things doesn't really tell us what it was like or what you did to "Get in"

Sounds more like you just needed to launch explorer.exe from task manager or something in the first place. Now no idea what state it is in.

Reactions: Seth_opti7020

Butcher2033

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
If you are able to press ctrl+alt+delete, then open task manger, then you should open "run" menu and type explorer.exe. From that point if you see your gui you should figure out what crap you've loaded onto your system

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Turn on pc. Wait through post process until windows should be starting to load. Pull the plug. Literally.

Do that 3x-4x in a row and that'll boot you into Windows repair, go to Troubleshoot, repair.

If that does nothing, do it again, but tell the repair to boot to prompt.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Type that.

Apr 26, 2021
Windows driver pack? Where did that come from?

If you were still in safe mode when you did that, driver's typically won't install. But if you were just loading the drivers for the next boot that would another thing. Though not sure what led you to a driver issue.

Don't gloss over any of the steps you've tried already. A few things doesn't really tell us what it was like or what you did to "Get in"

Sounds more like you just needed to launch explorer.exe from task manager or something in the first place. Now no idea what state it is in.
I wasnt so sure if it was safe mode tho i was panic typing yesterday all i know is that i pressed f8 waited for it to boot for 30 mins and it suddenly opened eveything looked normal decided to get that drivers pack from microsoft after all that installation it wanted me to restart the pc so i did and again had to wait for 30 mins of booting

Ill describe the things i got stuck on and how i got pass it

1.Black Screen with cursor . I tried going to bios to know if it was a display problem but it worked know i tried pressing the f8 which leads me to the other one

2. Stuck at Please wait blue screen.
waited 15 mins and
It actually booted installed that drivers pack and so on

3. stuck at welcome (users name ex: mary's kitchen)- this one was the same as black screen no getting in no getting out unless you reboot

Apr 26, 2021
I have a slight feeling that the problem is that it takes just really really long to boot but the black screen is something im scared of and a bit confused
Btw i got in any things i can try to do while im in

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows start, right click, CMD with Admin. That'll open another box.
Type sfc /scannow
Wait till it's finished.
Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
If there's anything wrong with windows, load or drivers, should fix it.
I'd also run CHKDSK from that same command prompt. It'll tell you it'll check on reboot.

Sounds like you have a network driver conflict/corruption and its taking that long for windows to bypass the loop.

Solution
Apr 26, 2021
What is this "Welcome Administrator thing"?
Can you show a photo?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
Turn on pc. Wait through post process until windows should be starting to load. Pull the plug. Literally.

Do that 3x-4x in a row and that'll boot you into Windows repair, go to Troubleshoot, repair.

If that does nothing, do it again, but tell the repair to boot to prompt.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Type that.
Thank you it worked :D