Question Stuck in a bootloop after crash

Dec 23, 2022
I built my PC a few days ago and it was working fine up until today. I've only used it for a few hours .
Today, I was playing my usual game and my computer suddenly crashed and the red CPU light (EZdebug) is permanently on on my motherboard.
My PC is now stuck in a loop where it'll turn on and off every few seconds. Nothing will post.
All my parts are new. I did the initial bios flashback when initially building my computer.
XMP profile was selected to have the RAM run at 5600mhz.
I was NOT overlocking my CPU.

This is the build:
CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Video Card: MSI GAMING Z TRIO GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i 1000 W Platinum

These are the trouble shooting steps I've taken:
  • Tried new power supply
  • Made sure that all the cables from PSU to MOBO were properly connected
  • Reseated the RAM, and tried 1 RAM stick instead of 2
  • Reset CMOS
  • Bios flashback with USB
  • Unplugged all peripherals and tried to boot with only the CPU, RAM and power
  • Removed GPU
  • Removed and reseated the CPU (I also checked for any bent pins but there's nothing)
With CPU,RAM and PSU plugged outside of the case, the CPU red light (ezdebug) stays on and nothing posts.

The cooler was properly connected and all fans were working in the computer.

I don't have another CPU to try on my motherboard. Again, my PC was working fine before. Nothing seemed to be running hot.

I tried to update the BIOS using the flash button without RAM or cpu installed and the red light is still on.

https://streamable.com/y6au4v

Last edited: