Question Stuck in reboot loop ?

May 22, 2022
Hi,

My machine, old but been running fairly decent, decided to start in a reboot loop this morning. It is the same place it restarts, and it is before it even gets to initialize gpu output.

I just want to know if others have had same and if it is as I might fear the motherboard that have set upon itself to not work anymore or if I am missing something before I try and find another motherboard to replace it, as all the other components might work.

I've unplugged gpu, ram, devices (USB, drives), only thing connected is a few items running to the cabinet, which I might just try and unplug as well.

So it is currently only the CPU and motherboard running with the psu power.

The motherboard LEDs show CPU led, then as it turns on mem led it reboots.
The motherboard q-code display cycles 00,14,15 and then it reboots.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rog maximus vii formular
CPU: i7 4790k
PSU: Corsair AX 860i

Thanks for any help
Regards
Mike

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you try a clear cmos as well? There is a button you can use on the back i/o for that and the option to remove the motherboard battery is also there. Do make sure the pc is of the power, take the cable outof the wallsocket.
Regarding the motherboard battery, is that replaced at any time? Might also be good to do and costs very little.

May 22, 2022
Did you try a clear cmos as well? There is a button you can use on the back i/o for that and the option to remove the motherboard battery is also there. Do make sure the pc is of the power, take the cable outof the wallsocket.
Regarding the motherboard battery, is that replaced at any time? Might also be good to do and costs very little.
HI thanks for your time.

I had already tried to clear the cmos, is it luckily easy on that motherboard.
The battery have not worked for many years, problem is it is placed under a hardshell that asus put over the motherboard and I can't pull it off unless I also remove the CPU cooler. Which I would rather unless the CPU or MB needs to be replaced.

However, I took a beak from crying over my dead computer and when I returned I looked it over and as the PSU had a self test option I decided to go through all of the cables and see what worked. And it seems that it was actually one of the outputs of the PSU that when power was drawn it flicked off. So luckily I over dimensioned the PSU when I first bought it and could pull power from another output source on the PSU and it worked.

Sometimes paying that extra for a bit more makes it easier to test and also repair..

Thanks for people's time on this.

Regards,

TRENDING THREADS