Stuck in safe mode with cracked screen

sehmbi.shruti

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I have a Windows 7 netbook with a cracked screen so the display is completely inaccessible. I manually set safe mode as default startup from msconfig so obviously it won't restart to normal mode. I have an external monitor connected to my netbook but I don't believe it supports safe mode. I need exact steps on a keyboard to reset the safe mode from msconfig without a screen available or any another solution that doesn't include opening the netbook bcoz I have tried that as well. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
The issue is that in safe mode your video drivers are not loaded fully, so the external connection will not work. What you can try doing is turning on the laptop then quickly closing the screen. It may detect the external display as the main screen so you can actually logon to the system.

As far as exact steps do to without seeing it, you would need to go through the same thing on a second computer, note what you did and repeat on yours and hope you got the timing and keys correct. Typing MSCONFIG at the search bar will open what you need (windows key), then it's one tab to the right (right arrow), three Tab presses to Safe boot check box, space to select or deselect it, and Enter to apply.
The issue is that in safe mode your video drivers are not loaded fully, so the external connection will not work. What you can try doing is turning on the laptop then quickly closing the screen. It may detect the external display as the main screen so you can actually logon to the system.

As far as exact steps do to without seeing it, you would need to go through the same thing on a second computer, note what you did and repeat on yours and hope you got the timing and keys correct. Typing MSCONFIG at the search bar will open what you need (windows key), then it's one tab to the right (right arrow), three Tab presses to Safe boot check box, space to select or deselect it, and Enter to apply.

Solution