[SOLVED] Stuck on bios flash screen! NEW CPU INSTALLED.

Dec 31, 2020
So i took everything out of my pc, pretty much rebuilt the entire thing. All I’ve added was a new CPU though, just wanted to make cable management look a bit better.

I’m freezing on the bios flash screen. Yes i can enter bios and everything. Just can’t get past it.

cpu: i7 9700k
Motherboard: gigabyte h310m a
Gpu: evga rtx 2080 super
RAM: 2 8gb sticks, gskill tridents 3200mhz (i believe)
Psu: RM 850x
Windows install: windows 10 1709

All of my equipment is brand new, besides Mobo and RAM, only about a year old. But was working perfectly fine the day before i wrote this post, never had a problem with my pc before in any type of way.
If you can help, it’s much appreciated!!

Solution
yes depend on the stepping of the CPU, check your board version as I see at least 3 possible.
if it's rev 1.0 then the bios it shipped with has to be F11 or F12 depending on the processor (two diff steppings listed - that you can get from the box for the processor)
Dec 31, 2020
So i took everything out of my pc, pretty much rebuilt the entire thing. All I’ve added was a new CPU though, just wanted to make cable management look a bit better.

I’m freezing on the bios flash screen. Yes i can enter bios and everything. Just can’t get past it.

All of my equipment is brand new, besides Mobo and RAM, only about a year old. But was working perfectly fine the day before i wrote this post, never had a problem with my pc before in any type of way.
If you can help, it’s much appreciated!!

All of my equipment is brand new, besides Mobo and RAM, only about a year old. But was working perfectly fine
check the bios? depending on which version of the H310 you have - may need a F11 or F12 to run the 9700K on v1.0?

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H310M-A-rev-10/support#support-cpu
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H310M-A-20-rev-10/support#support-cpu
im sorry, a bit lost with that! Do you mean like an updated bios or something like that?

yes depend on the stepping of the CPU, check your board version as I see at least 3 possible.
if it's rev 1.0 then the bios it shipped with has to be F11 or F12 depending on the processor (two diff steppings listed - that you can get from the box for the processor)

Solution