Question Stuck on bios flash screen

Nov 24, 2021
Hello. I am using an asus rog strix b550-i gaming motherboard.

I picked up a new ssd the other day and went ahead and installed it as my primary. Before I did so my pc was working with no problems.

When booting up after, I was greeted with the bios screen telling me to press del/f2. As I attempted to do so, it wouldn't let me. I have a constant green/yellow light on my boot led indicator.

I have tried resetting the cmos (shorting the pins), removing the ssd, reflashing the bios, using all the usb ports, using tons of different keyboards, trying different ram sticks/slots but to no avail.

My last possible bet is to remove the mobo battery but mine is glued on and connected with a cable. Would disconnecting the cable and plugging it back in work the same as if I were to take the battery out and put it back in?

I appreciate the help!

Nov 24, 2021
What do you mean? How do you "install it as your primary"?
I assume you powered down.....and installed it.
Then what did you do?

Sorry if my terminology is not correct. When I said install it as my primary I meant my primary ssd to boot into windows and hold all my data.

My pc was off when installing the ssd. After installing it, I powered on my pc and till now I am stuck at the bios flash screen.

Nov 24, 2021
So you intended to do a clean install of Windows on the SSD?

Is this a SATA SSD or an M2 style SSD?

If it is an M2 style....M2 drives can disable SATA ports on certain motherboards and that may be your issue.

Yes it was a m.2. Both my old and new one were m.2. If my sata ports are disabled, what are the steps to troubleshoot if you don’t me asking?

I am not using any sata connections, just the single nvme m.2 ssd