[SOLVED] Stuck on bios screen after upgrading ssd drive.

JoshDavis1210

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
Last night I was cloning my 485 gb data sata ssd to a 2tb ssd and once it was finished, I swapped out both drives but came across a lethal bug, first it began with being unable to identify the hard drive, I panicked and did something wrong that forced the computer into a boot loop, but now was resolved into a frozen Bios screen with 0 input available. (And I mean nothing, can’t go to bios screens or anything.)

I am unable to do nothing as I have tried unplugging and replugging, i’ve Adjusted my ram sticks, pulled out the bios battery and put it back in (cmos I think it was called), power drained to do something, I’ve even swapped out my sata drives and yet nothing still happens, I have no clue what issue it is.

I genuinely hope this is a fix for this beyond buying a new motherboard or something.

Solution
Are you able to boot in to he BIOS at all? Nothing you did should have harmed the Motherboard so more than likely it is trying to boot into the ssd without a valid OS on it. If you can get into the BIOS make a windows ISO on a USB drive and use it to repair the install on the correct ssd by booting from the USB drive
Are you able to boot in to he BIOS at all? Nothing you did should have harmed the Motherboard so more than likely it is trying to boot into the ssd without a valid OS on it. If you can get into the BIOS make a windows ISO on a USB drive and use it to repair the install on the correct ssd by booting from the USB drive

Solution

JoshDavis1210

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

No, i am stuck at the bios screen, I cannot interact with it.

TRENDING THREADS