Question STUCK ON SPLASH SCREEN DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION

Sep 17, 2020
Hi all,

I have bought new components including my MSI board to set up my new desktop.
After setting up the build I am installing win10 64 using a USB drive.
The preparation for the install via USB goes as normal however after the pc reboots and prepares installation and boots from my hard drive the install freezes in the moving circle in splash screen.
For over 2 days I have tried the following (read through forums etc) with no result:
1)Assemble and disassemble the pc again to ensure all components are working properly.
2)Switch Ram locations and tried single ram units in each of the slots to check faulty ram slot or ram unit
3)Updated to latest bios via flash available on the website and reset to default bios values
4)switched drives (checked with SSD and HDD/the same result)
5)checked boot with both UEFI and CSM
6) Tried different USB sticks to boot windows
7)Different Graphics Cards
8)Unplugging all USB devices prior to boot from the drive (just in case)

Please I would be grateful for some tips as I am in despair.

My setup is:
MSI MAG B550m mortal wifi
NZXT 510i
Rysen 5 3600
2x8gb 3200 Corsair RGB
2080super MSI Ventus
RM750 Corsair PSU
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe

Image 1
Image 2

You download the WIndows Media Creation Tool and you used it to create a Windows 10 install on that usb key? If that's what you did you did it the good way.

Go in your BIOS and deactivate the XMP/DOCP RAM profile. Leave the RAM at default speed and try to install Windows again.

Sep 17, 2020
You download the WIndows Media Creation Tool and you used it to create a Windows 10 install on that usb key? If that's what you did you did it the good way.

Can you try another USB key? It could be corrupted install files from a bad USB key. At least you should try before going into a deeper troubleshooting session.

Go in your BIOS and deactivate the XMP/DOCP RAM profile. Leave the RAM at default speed and try to install Windows again.

I ve tried 3 usb sticks, A-XMP set to disabled for all tries and RAM at default speed (2133) yet no luck..