Stuck on windows 10 preparing automatic repair

Ymloota

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2016
When I turn my computer on it's stuck on preparing automatic repair, I have triedholdibg down f2 and del button but it won't work, I would prefer not to have to reinstall Windows

Solution
use the windows media creation tool make a new usb boot iso stick. boot from the stick try doing a system repair or roll back to a restore point.

jgns5

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Did this with a USB and all I got was a corrupted file report thus ending the install process....twice, also did a Windows 10 iso download (all from Microsoft, with no luck either. Where can I get a clean file that will work. Microsoft support really didn't help either.

jestah57

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I'm having the exact same problem. Usb recovery drive doesn't help. No options work. It also tell me no restore points are found when I know I made one a while back. Of note, I had this problem back in October, but had no recovery drive so had to clean install Windows 7 from disk then update to 10 again. Twice in 3 months, could the ssd/HDD be going bad? It is near 3 years old.

Any help would be appreciated!

jgns5

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

jestah57

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I had to. I made a USB drive through the win10 upgrade, but it doesn't work. Win 7 is the only install disk I have. Looks like I'm gonna have to do it again. But I hear the upgrade to 10 is no longer a free upgrade is it?