Stuck pixel truly unfixable?

andyhegyes17

Commendable
Jul 8, 2018
Greetings! I have an ASUS MG279Q monitor and it's absolutely fabulous. I bought it because of the colors it displays via IPS technology and the 144hz refresh rate. But I have one stuck pixel.
Mind you, stuck, not dead. It shows a red color and it's really bugging me, but I don't want to return it as I hear some panels have even even more than one, I read somewhere one guy got up to seven and wouldn't want to risk getting a worse one. A shame, one would think that this kind of money would get you a flawless panel. Not to mention the backlight bleeding problems IPS panel manufacturers try (or at least I light to think so) to tackle. That's another reason I wouldn't want to return this panel and get a different one, as I was lucky enough to get no bleeding at all. Just that one pixel, relatively close to the middle. It's a bit off to the left side.
I tried JScreenfix for an hour, those youtube videos with crazy color shifts for 30 mins (do you think it would make much of a difference leaving it on for longer?), massaging it with a Q-tip, a piece of cloth, my finger, with relatively hard pressure (not enough to damage the screen).
Also tried turning on the screen while pressing on the spot. No success. Do you think I should give up and accept it, or is there still some hope, maybe something I didn't try or something I haven't done right?
Isn't there a way to address the individual pixel? I don't feel like tampering with the surrounding ones will influence it in any way. I don't absolutely want it to work like the rest of them as I only notice it when the screen is black or very dark. It would be enough it it could cycle between black and that annoying pinkish red, as I don't notice the stuck pixel when the panel is bright

Solution
Try turning it off and unplug from wall for 24h, personally I dont think there is a risk RMAing an monitor if it has stuck pixel, Ive been using asus monitor for over 8 years, not a single dead pixel, even tho warranty was on him 2 years.